Betty White To Host SNL Mother's Day Weekend

The Link To The Script That I Will Paste For You

LEGENDARY EMMY WINNER BETTY WHITE HOSTS NBC'S 'SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE' ON MAY 8

NEW YORK, NY - March 11, 2010 - Legendary and multiple Emmy Award winner Betty White will take her long-anticipated turn at hosting NBC's "Saturday Night Live" on May 8. White will make her first appearance in Studio 8H.

The six-time Emmy winner and cultural icon will host "SNL" for the first time in her illustrious seven-decade-long career. White is best known for her performance as Rose Nylund on NBC's "The Golden Girls," the beloved comedy series that aired from 1985 to 1992. Previously, she co-starred as Sue Ann Nivens in the classic comedy series "The Mary Tyler Moore Show."

In January, White was the proud recipient of the 2010 SAG Lifetime Achievement Award. White appeared in the 2009 romantic-comedy feature film "The Proposal," alongside Ryan Reynolds and Oscar winner Sandra Bullock, and can be seen again this fall in the film "You Again," starring Kristin Bell.

"I can't think of a better way to spend Mother's Day weekend than with Betty White ” said Lorne Michaels, Creator and Executive Producer of SNL.

"Saturday Night Live" is from SNL Studios in association with Broadway Video. The creator and executive producer is Lorne Michaels. Steve Higgins and Marci Klein are producers. Ken Aymong is supervising producer. Seth Meyers is head writer. Don Roy King directs.

Word is the Mother’s Day show is also expected to feature a number of past female cast members, among them Molly Shannon, Ana Gasteyer, Maya Rudolph, Rachel Dratch, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.

I'm willing to bet $100 dollars that Andy Samberg updates his Mother's Day video last year (Susan Sarandon & Patricia Clarkson) with Betty White & Rue McClanahan,

Maybe Grand Mother's Day?!

I don't watch Kathy Griffin's show The D List regularly, but I happened to catch an episode (or maybe it was two in a row) last year where she asked her mother who she'd like to meet. The premise was that Kathy could use her quasi-celebrity to arrange these meetings. Her mother chose Don Rickles and Betty White, and they were both fantastic, and fantastically gracious.

As cool as that is, and I think Betty is a riot, SNL will find a way to make it suck.

This.

I tuned in last week to see Zach Galifianakis....the dude's pretty funny, right? The show's gonna be good, right? SNL is gonna make good use of his physical, zany abilities, right?

Uh, no.

Saying that, it would be hard for SNL mess this up. That list of former of SNL ladies is a talented, funny group. I'll be watching.

Unless there's a skit where Betty plays a Grandma and punches Tina Fey's Sarah Palin over all of that death panel silliness. (gonna kill gramma, you betcha) :rock

Oooooh, I like the way you think! :cheers