Top videos of the 90's

Pitchfork has the top 50 videos of the 90's listed. Pretty good choices over all. And Wilco makes #44 with Outtmind Outtasite.

I forgot about that "praise you" video by spike Jonze with the dance troupe. Made me laugh all over again.

Top 90' videos

Praise You was a great video.

Just saw Sabotage again a last week and realized where Sir Stewart (from this board) got his display name from.

I never really liked the Weezer video. The Beastie Boy's, Weezer, and Fatboy Slim are the only videos I remember in their top ten, though I didn't have cable throughout the 90's.

I've never heard of #1. Can I presume that Pfork originally had Buddy Holly as the #1, but bumped them out for some more obscure video for street cred?

I dunno... I remember that video well, and would have considered it for my top ten, too.

I always thought that Sober by Tool was GREAT. And freaky. Too bad that its not on the list.

I agree and that was a surprising omission for me. That video stands out in my mind as pretty unique and fit the song well.

Man, that Aphex Twin video is the stuff of nightmares.

No Madonna? Although I'm at a loss to name one from the 90s right now. Wait - Justify My Love. Everybody's panties were all in a twist over that one. Pitchfork is too cool for Madonna, I guess.

Ray of Light is a great video.

Guest Speed Racer

Oh hey holy shocker you don't like something.

Hey, every video on the list I've seen I love; I also agree with the list that Ray of Light was omitted. I might need to rewatch it, but isn't it just Madonna flopping around in front of a backdrop of rapid-fire images? Am I missing something?

Guest Speed Racer

I do like the tune, and the video is better than I remembered. I rescind my criticism. But the dance cannot be forgiven (even though the biceps/triceps are shockingly fantastic for her age).

Guest Speed Racer

:lol Along those lines, I was disappointed Aerosmith's "Crazy" wasn't included. I first saw the video in 1996, and it was the most scandalous (and, uh, eye-opening?) thing my eleven year-old eyes had seen. A few weeks later, I saw "That Thing You Do!" in theaters, and I crushed hard on Liv Tyler for a few years after that.

For the rest of the world, it was probably just regular old campy Aerosmith, but the daddy-daughter thing was probably weird, no?