Band Guarantees

I'm headed to the fair this weekend, but not for the music. I was disappointed by the selection this year, considering they had Sonic Youth and the Flaming Lips a few years back. I'll probably skip Katharine McPhee and Keith Sweat on the free stage to see the racing pigs and eat a lot of food served on sticks.

Classic rock dominates the radio in this region, so I'm sure Aerosmith could have brought a lot of people to the fair. There's nowhere else within two or three hours that they'd ever play. I wonder in this economy how many people just couldn't justify dropping over $100 after service fees on a ticket, though. Where does the guarantee come from if ticket sales aren't great? I'm surprised Justin Bieber tickets weren't more expensive, because really I think he was probably more of a draw. Ticket brokers made a killing, even when the show was rescheduled (to a school night!) because he was sick last weekend.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic