Just wanted to see if anyone out there is as stoked as I am for their second record, which according to the band is in the mixing stage but near completion. I usually struggle to warm up to overly hyped bands, but I've loved these guys from the moment I saw them at Sasquatch a few years back. Also if you haven't checked out the lead singer Robin Pecknold's tracks on his myspace that he records under the name White Antelope (just google it). He does 4 or 5 simply recorded old traditional and folk songs. They are all bare bones, but beautiful. I wish his tour with Joanna Newsome would have come near my town.

Didn't even know about it, but I'll definitely check it out.

I was really into these guys when they just had their EP out before the first album, but haven't really gone back to them much since then. I did like J. Tillman's recent cover of Tonight's the Night though.

Very interested to see what they've come up with for the second album.

• 3 years later...

Chris Cornell killed the cover on Monday.

The country guy on Tues didn't do super great on Alive.

Pecknold had Daniel Rossen of Grizzly Bear playing guitar.

I don't guess I've seen Pecknold as clean cut as he looked. Trying to look like young Dylan maybe.

• 3 years later...

New Fleet Foxes album announced, Crack-Up. Coming out June 16! I saw Robin Pecknold solo last year, he played some new songs that (I'm assuming) are from the new album, they were really great! 

New Fleet Foxes album announced, Crack-Up. Coming out June 16! I saw Robin Pecknold solo last year, he played some new songs that (I'm assuming) are from the new album, they were really great! 

This is the BEST news ever.  I was starting to think we'd never see another Fleet Foxes album.