will tweedy and staples attend 'march to keep fear alive'

so i know colbert jokingly invites (but not really) most of his guests to his march in dc on oct. 30. tweedy said he'd be honored to attend. can't really take anything on that show too seriously though. anyone think, or know if he'll actually show up? either way, psyched for the march. gotta love colbert.

I just saw this, about Mavis rescheduling an appearance at the Earshot Jazz Festival in Seattle:

NOTE: Unfortunately due to a personal scheduling conflict in Washington, DC on October 30, Mavis Staples has had to reschedule her show at Town Hall Seattle to Sunday, October 31, at 7:30 pm.

This is following up on an earlier rumor posted somewhere that Jeff and Mavis were both planning to be at the Stewart/Colbert rally. If she's rescheduled her Seattle show, it looks like at least the Mavis part of that rumor is true! And somehow I just bet that Jeff is coming too. It won't be the main reason to attend, but it certainly will be a deal sweetener! :thumbup

This announcement sounds even more authentic, since it apparently comes from a National Park Service permit application: http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978640389

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, this isn't the only or even the main reason to come to DC for the rally, but it sure is a nice little somethin' extra. Kudos to Jeff and Mavis!! :cheers

For those attending actual rallies on Saturday and wanting to set their DVRs, Comedy Central is broadcasting this from 12pm - 3pm.

I'll be attending a few rallies that day - one in Grant Park in Chicago from 11am - 2pm, then another rally with some dude named Obama at the University of Chicago at 4:30pm. I don't expect this Obama dude to be nearly as funny as Colbert or Stewart.