Jeff Tweedy & Mavis Staples at Rally to Restore Sanity

So my roomate just showed me a leaked schedule of the Rally tomorrow, and according to the schedule (which seems very official), Jeff and Mavis are slated to perform! Really glad i decided to go

http://gawker.com/5676363/everything-you-need-to-know-about-tomorrows-stewart-and-colbert-rally-+--gallery/gallery/33

Very cool! Thanks for posting. :thumbup

Mavis really tore it up on the finale. It was so cool getting to see her shine.

I'm looking forward to watching the show on TV, though, because I think I missed some nuances watching on the jumbotron in the midst of the crowd. It was great to just be there, but man, what a crowd. I could actally see the stage, but the view was better on the screen.

As beautiful a song as You Are Not Alone is, I don't think it was the right choice for this rally.

As beautiful a song as You Are Not Alone is, I don't think it was the right choice for this rally.

I think Mavis should have sung it alone, and Jeff should have sung What Light. I known it's not a fan favorite, but would have been appropriate.

It was a nice performance, although it was a bit of a comedown after the O'Jays.

I think you're right that it suffered from the comparisons (it was also after the Crazy Train / Peace Train bit, right?)...

But honestly I don't think it was good anyway. I was stoked when they announced who was playing, but that was not a performance for the highlight reel. I mean, do you think anybody who'd never heard of Mavis Staples or Jeff Tweedy went rushing out to find them after that one?