Any Love Here for "The Walking Dead"?

Overall, I enjoyed it for what it offered and I think it has potential if it continues to take the subject matter seriously and explore how humans may realistically respond in such crises.

Having said that, I am a little disappointed that they've chosen not to follow the storylines of the graphic novels. I have not read the entire comic series, but everytime I'm at Borders I continue to read the series, and having gone through the first five collection books, I have to say there are some really quality storylines that are absolutely fantastic, much better than what the first season presented. Other than the first episode, pretty much nothing else about the first season was in the graphic novels I've read. Some of the same characters died, but other characters aren't even in the original comics. I don't know why they chose to adapt the series but then neglect what I feel are ready made storylines for weaker orginal storylines.

winston i agree that is was weak in the whole zombie attack-zombie kill area. the show focuses more on humanity and pure blood and gore.

--

i laugh over the lawnmower zombie kill. In the PS3 game, Dead Rising 2, you can do the exact same kill. attack two pieces of 2x4 wood to the mower and shave down the zombies. ha!

I loved it! The brain scan scene was a trip last nite. I cant wait for the next season.

So I was wondering -- how would zombies do in colder climates? freeze? then you could hack the heads off?

It the comic the move quite a bit slower in the cold. Often times freezing completely. But the show has taken a big left turn from the comics.