That's too bad, I always liked him.

My mom hung out with him and his brother back in the 60s.

I remember when I went to the theater and saw Naked Gun the first time .... I was laughing so hard that I was doubled over in pain .. I was still laughing well after whatever scene was over that people were staring at me

Felt a very real sadness when I heard the news. Now nobody will be able to make him crack a smile. (Although it would be awesome if he were buried with a permanent smile on his face. Now, THAT would be the best joke of all... finally let one break out! And it's forever.)

Rest in peace, you hilarious man! You brought me a lot of smiles.

R.I.P. Leslie Nielsen.

For those of you that don't know, I named my Fantasy team Frank Drebin's Squad (VC btw) with his amazing picture. I was about to go 0-4 in November being down by almost 40 pts this afternoon. I was amazed to see that I obtained 42 pts via 3 players tonight, especially with Comcast being out for 3 hours (primetime) and my best friend calling me to tell me about this man's unfortunate death. This win is for you. Thanks.

Wilma, I promise you; whatever scum did this, not one man on this force will rest one minute until he's behind bars. Now, let's grab a bite to eat.

P.S. I was watching Naked Gun on Comedy Central 2 Fridays ago and I got upset that they toned down the "urination scene". He was definitely singing a lot more in the broadcast than urinating in the film. I wondered how he was doing because I don't think I've seen him since Scary Movie 3 or 4.

One of the very first VHS tapes I ever rented was the collection of Police Squad! episodes. Like a lot of people here, that show and Airplane! were important facts of my childhood. Few movies make me helplessly laugh out loud, but Leslie Nielsen's delivery still gets me rolling...

R.I.P.