Soprano's Ending

Hi all, I searched and didn't see there was thread about this but if I missed it, I apologize. Click the link below to read an amazingly detailed description of the final scene of the Soporano's that comes to the conclusion that Tony died. It's amazing long and amazingly detailed so don't read until you have a half hour or so but if you haven't read this and were a big Soprano's fan, I think you'll enjoy it.

After reading it, I was so pissed at myself for not seeing it at the time. I came to the conclusion that why me and many people didn't realize it is that no matter how much of a scum bag Tony was, you rooted for him and wanted him to make it.

Read and decide for yourself.

http://masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/

Might be that you searched for Sopranos with an apostrophe before the 's'.

The link was discussed a tad bit here:

http://forums.viachicago.org/topic/35827-sopranos-final-episode-in-depth-theory/

And the final season was discussed here:

http://forums.viachicago.org/topic/27797-psa-sopranos-on-tonight/

Always good to see Sopranos talk.

Might be that you searched for Sopranos with an apostrophe before the 's'.

The link was discussed a tad bit here:

http://forums.viachicago.org/topic/35827-sopranos-final-episode-in-depth-theory/

And the final season was discussed here:

http://forums.viachicago.org/topic/27797-psa-sopranos-on-tonight/

Always good to see Sopranos talk.

Guess I did, thanks.

I read all of that breakdown a couple of years ago. Good stuff. I fully believe T was whacked.

Yeah, no doubt, that guy does a great job and the fact that he just updated it in december says that a lot of people are still discovering it. I read that link about a year ago but some guy at work sent it to me today and he got me thinking about again so i thought I'd post it since a lot of people i know aren't familiar with it. Don't know why i added the apostrophe, just busy i guess and not thinking. Hopefully a couple people check it out because it is a great read and makes you think about that last episode again.

HBO just had season 4 up on demand and that last episode of that season, Whitecaps, may be my favorite episode of the series.

Wow, that actually looks like a pretty interesting analysis, I hope to give it the time it deserves when I have more time. That is one thing that amazed me about the show. No matter all the evil things Tony did, a part of me always rooted for him. Strange. I miss that show...and the wire.

There is no correct answer. The series was given a vague ending precisely so people would discuss it ad nauseam.

These are fictional characters. If you believe Tony died, then Tony died. If you believe he didn't, then he didn't.

Wow, that actually looks like a pretty interesting analysis, I hope to give it the time it deserves when I have more time. That is one thing that amazed me about the show. No matter all the evil things Tony did, a part of me always rooted for him. Strange. I miss that show...and the wire.

I think that's a big part about why people, including me, missed this at the time, because you are rooting for him even though he's scum. If this analysis doesn't convince you, nothing will.

Yes, I remember after the series finale looking all around for blogs or websites to try to discern the meaning, and I came across this one. I could not believe in-depth analysis and degree of attention!

I found it hard to believe that David Chase would have ended the series as ambiguously as it first appeared, with a random copout ending. It reaffirmed my belief that this was a brilliant series from beginning to end.

I did see this analysis a long while back, but don't worry, I am not going to slam you for posting it again. Like Sir Stewart, it's nice to see some Sopranos talk. I loved that show and nothing has really taken its place for me.

I did see this analysis a long while back, but don't worry, I am not going to slam you for posting it again. Like Sir Stewart, it's nice to see some Sopranos talk. I loved that show and nothing has really taken its place for me.

Me either