My 4 year old is addicted to Star Wars

My seven year old went through a phase from age 4-6 where he was completely obsessed with everything Star Wars.. It was awesome because I'm a Star Wars geek myself; I already owned all the movies, collector items etc.

He's kind out of it now but still pops in the movies from time to time..

Holy crap my just-turned 4 yr old LOVES Star Wars, too. Everything is about wookies and princes Leia and all. It's weird. I don't know much about the movies (saw the first w=one many years ago) but he seems to be abudding expert on the subject.

My kids turn 6 Wednesday. They go through phases and we're definitely in a Star Wars drought. I hope this changes soon. I'd watch any of the Star Wars (even the new ones, hell, even Clone Wars) for the rest of my life than be exposed to any of the schlock my kids have gotten hooked on from the Disney Channel. It all started with Phineas and Ferb, which is great, now it's all the crap. Lemonade Mouth, Wizards of Waverly Place, Zach & Cody, Good Luck Charlie.

The best thing about this is it's easier for me to enforce T.V. time limits because they're watching crap that I cannot stand.

Whatever flaws George Lucas has as a storyteller, Star Wars still has the power to hold kids rapt after all these years. When my daughter was four, she went through a stretch where she wanted to watch Ep 4 all the time--but only the scenes with Princess Leia. My son is now three, and he loves playing with Star Wars figures. It's kind of amazing watching my boy play with my old toys from 1983, and I took special pleasure in buying him a new Darth Vader for Christmas.

I'll admit, though, that I love it even more when he asks to see "the train movie," referring to Buster Keaton's The General.

my kids have gotten hooked on from the Disney Channel. It all started with Phineas and Ferb, which is great, now it's all the crap. Lemonade Mouth, Wizards of Waverly Place, Zach & Cody, Good Luck Charlie.

I just hope they aren't into "Big Time Rush".. One of their song just came on during a Phineas and Ferb commercial break, and my six year old boy said "this sucks!! turn it off! turn it off!".... :lol

Phineas and Ferb is great.. My kids also like the cartoon network shows, Adventure Time, Regular Show (although that show can get a little out of their age group.. but it's not too bad)

Today I spent the day hanging out with my oldest - going out to lunch and record shopping. All at his request. Damn that was fun!

He's 11.

I know I am lucky to have him addicted to Star Wars - trust me - it was Jurassic Park 5 times a day before. I was happy to transfer the obsession elsewhere. His birthday was in March and we had rented Empire before, so I asked his uncle to get him the trilogy. This was after much debate, as we weren't sure to start him off at the beginning or with episode 4 like when we were kids. (Am I really that old.. ) So he got the "first" trilogy for his birthday and a re-release of a Snow Speeder. He always had this unique way of referring to things, for example, the "At-At"'s (I apologize to the geeks if this is not the true term) for him were "snow camels". A few weeks later I happened upon an orange coat at Old Navy on clearance for $5. Unbeknownst to me I had purchaed the "Luke" coat. He used to run down the street with his left hand tucked in his sleeve yelling "I am your father"! At Easter his pre-school had a visit from the Easter Bunny and each child was allowed to pick out their own special egg from the Easter Bunnies basket. Well, he picked out the orange one - and quickly proclaimed that it was "Luke Egg-Walker"...

My 7-year-old also loves Star Wars. The problem for me is, he doesn't know that the first three movies are money-grabbing add-ons to a classic trilogy, so he wants to watch those as much (or more) than the original movies. Turns out maybe Lucas was onto something with Jar-Jar Binks.