Do your siblings have the same musical taste as you?

I have two sisters and they both mostly listen to horrible pop-country garbage... Although I have shared with them Wilco and other of my favorite bands and they both seemed to have enjoyed it thoroughly... They also enjoy my band(s) and I'm far from pop-country... But as far as their regular rotation, it's the top 40 country crap that makes me want to :throwup

I have four older siblings, three brothers and a sister. My sister listens to whatever's on the radio, so I don't count her in any of this. My older brothers are 41, 39 and 30...The 30-year-old and myself, enjoy all of the same music, and we talk about it a lot. The 41 and 39-year-old are big 80's dudes who love to rawk with Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and AC/DC. Don't get me wrong, they influenced me with a lot of that as I grew up, and in a way I still enjoy some of it. But, I've moved on to enjoy many styles/genres of music...and I try to get them to open up to new things but they give little to no effort in bringing something new into their world. It's unfortunate because they are missing so much...

We went seperate ways during high school, but once we got to college, my sister and I's music tastes converged pretty nicely. We've been to the last two Bonnaroos together, and we both became obsessed with the Gaslight Anthem at the same time. I even got her into Wilco.

My older brother was a big music influence on me when we were in junior high in the early 80's. I was listening to Duran Duran and he was blowing out his stereo speakers with Ozzy and Sabbath. A few years earlier, he was obsessed with KISS. I, meanwhile, loved Fleetwood Mac. Funny, though--I hated his music at the time, but with hindsight I'm so glad someone in the house was playing Van Halen records!

My first CDs and mix tapes were formed from my older brothers' collection. Hendrix, Pearl Jam, Zeppelin, Nirvana -- basically a blend of the early 1990s alt-rock scene and classic rock, which technically really came from our father's collection. By the time I was a teenager and started playing guitar, our tastes splintered off in a lot of directions. Now? My middle brother sticks to the old faithfuls, despite going through two major phases where all he cared about was (1) gangsta rap and (2) house music. For him, I'd say his two mainstays are classic rock and one-hit wonders of the 80s and 90s (for which I do have a soft spot). He's a "Jack FM" type of guy.

My other brother is a different tale. For many years, for him, The Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin were all he ever needed. Now he's obsessed with Jack White and everything he does. His love for The White Stripes really came out of left field. I got him turned on to Wilco over a period of time, starting with AM/BT-era stuff, based on his taste for Stonesy country-rock, and now his favorite record is AGIB. He also really loves My Morning Jacket, The Black Keys, Blitzen Trapper, Drive-By Truckers, and The Hold Steady.

My Brother is seven years older than I am. He was the jock in the family. His musical tastes were pretty typical for the late 1906's. Creedence, Grass Roots, Stones, Beatles. His musical tastes ossified around 1972. I think the last concert he went to was an Elvis concert in 1974.

Ahh the late 1906's. Great days and a great music scene!

Me and my kid brother have shared a lot of music over the years, but there are some clear differences in our tastes. I like more melody/harmony than him, he like things stripped back and is more interested in attitude than asethetics. Hence his deep and abiding love of The Fall. He got me into Neil Young, a touchstone for me... but I've got him into Wilco. Fair exchange!

My Brother is seven years older than I am. He was the jock in the family. His musical tastes were pretty typical for the late 1906's. Creedence, Grass Roots, Stones, Beatles. His musical tastes ossified around 1972. I think the last concert he went to was an Elvis concert in 1974.

Ahh the late 1906's. Great days and a great music scene!

Ahhh...the thick fingers and dyslexsia strike again