Your favorite concert openings, enterances ever?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't forget when they did the minor league baseball tour and the scoreboard had their names and positions on it. that was cool.

I am saw them at a ball park in South Bend, IN last year and I did not notice that...that sucks. That would have been cool to see.

This isn't about a specific song to open a show but it's my favorite concert opening nonetheless. Just after A Ghost is Born was released, Wilco played this small club in Poughkeepsie, NY called The Chance, which was really unusual because things were kind of frenzied at that point with all of the attention that YHF got. Jeff even made a comment about playing a "tertiary market". I was able to get tickets and was so excited. I was loving the record and couldn't wait to hear it live. When they took the stage, I thought my head would pop off from all of the build up and hype. It was amazing to see them at that point in their career in such an intimate setting. It remains my favorite Wilco show ever...and I've been to many.

First time seeing Wilco in Kalamazoo on the Winter aGIB tour, they opened with Via Chicago. That was the leg of the tour where they had the video screen behind them. At the noise breakdown, everything on the screen started shaking. Or maybe my mind was so blown away it just seemed that everything was shaking. Anyway, it was by far the most memorable opening of any show I have seen.