Has anyone become a fan of this show on FX? It is quite possibly the the most profane, fantastic, disturbed, psychotic, hilarious television comedy of all time. I can't recall the last time a television show generated so many out-loud guffaws, even when I watch it alone - which is all the time because my girlfriend refuses to watch it.

If you had said Louie, I would agree 100% with you. Although, I do enjoy some of Wilfred. I cried in the Sneakers episode because that ending just crushed me. Wasn't expecting that at all. Very sweet.

I find the structure baffling, since every episode ends with Wilfred & Ryan smoking weed. I wonder if that offers some clue as to why he is communicating with a dog. Even if it doesn't, I can go along with the concept.

It is an enjoyable show to watch in the summertime when most shows are on hiatus. But I think the main character (or both of them) get to me too much. There's a lot of similar beats that the show hits each week. Whereas Louie pretty much reinvents its format from week to week and succeeds every time flawlessly. I do enjoy It's Always Sunny, The League and Archer a lot more than Wilfred (for FX comedies).

Totally love Wilfred. Last night's best laugh for me:

Ryan: You son of a bitch!

Wilfred: How is that an insult? I've never understood that.

Closely followed by:

Ryan: Eat s**t! Eat s**t!

Wilfred: Again, your tone says insult, but what I'm hearing is a tempting offer.

I find the structure baffling, since every episode ends with Wilfred & Ryan smoking weed. I wonder if that offers some clue as to why he is communicating with a dog. Even if it doesn't, I can go along with the concept.

The explained the structure, in the Episode with Ryan's Mom (the awesome Mary Steenbergen). But if you haven't seen it I won't spoil the awesomeness.

Wilfred is my favorite comedy on right now. FX has become the place for out there smart comedies. I love it. All of their shows are great. Now only if they stuck with Terriers it would be the best basic cable station out there.

• 2 weeks later...

If you had said Louie, I would agree 100% with you.

Yeah, Louie is such a great show. One of the funniest and most honest shows I've seen in ages.

I've been enjoying Wilfred too, like the absurdness and it does have some funny moments. As far as F/X shows go though, I would have to rank "Louie," and "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" higher for me than this show.

I downloaded the original Aussie version of "Wilfred" a few weeks back, might watch that soon to see how it compares.