Solid Sound 2012

I have been digging around and have found that the Holiday Inn and Porches are fully booked for the weekend of 6/22/12 -- 6/24/12. This could be people just booking preemptively in hopes that it will be at about the same time as last year, or maybe they have some inside information. :guitar

Edit-- I have looked into it further and it seems that those 2 hotels are just booked solid all summer, so nothing to see here.

• 2 weeks later...

For the love of God, move it back to August. Haven't they heard....It RAINS in June!

If this year's Solid Sound had been the same weekend as the 2010 festival, we would have been standing in even more rain. Hurricane Irene was the same August weekend. Go Mass MoCA's Facebook page, and look at the video they posted on August 29 or so. Pretty amazing.

If this year's Solid Sound had been the same weekend as the 2010 festival, we would have been standing in even more rain. Hurricane Irene was the same August weekend. Go Mass MoCA's Facebook page, and look at the video they posted on August 29 or so. Pretty amazing.

Nope, Solid Sound was August 14-15, 2010, not August 29. Early to mid August is usually hurricane-free. In any event, I kinda like having a good part of the summer to look forward to something, rather than getting it right off the bat. August just feels more right for a vacation to me.

I read somewhere that the early part of the summer is when the Berkshires have more space for the festival. What with all the vacation and tourist activities in the area in the latter part of the summer, June is considered almost a "shoulder" season in the Berkshires--not quite off season, but not primetime either. I'd also prefer August, but if it has to be June, I'll take it. Wild horses couldn't keep me away from this festival!