I must get all of Nick Lowe's records now. After seeing him 3 nights last week. I need them. Wow. I thought he was fatastic.

I didn't see him last week. But I can assure you that, yes, you do need all of his records. And, go back all the way to his days with Brinsley Schwarz, too; that was a fantastic band.

I gotta admit, when he played (opened with?) Stop Light Roses on night one in Nashville, we both thought "really?"

I did like some of his other songs, and his version of Allison is really, really sweet. He's a hoot. No two ways about it. But I don't think I would spin his latest record more than once or twice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

http://www.scentsandsubtlesounds.com/2012/03/13/nick-lowe-announces-spring-us-tour/

Nick Lowe has announced a spring US tour. Lowe will be joined by his longtime backing band that consists of Geraint Watkins (keyboards), Robert Trehern (drums), Johnny Scott (guitar), and Matt Radford (bass). The tour will kick off on April 18 at First Avenue in Minneapolis. Lowe will return to Wilco’s hometown of Chicago for a show at Park West on April 20. Lowe opened for Wilco during the bands 2011 Fall tour. I would say that there is a pretty good chance that Jeff Tweedy will be taking in the show and maybe even a sit in with the band. The tour will hit the East Coast before heading south to close the tour on May 3 in Atlanta. Look for more shows to be announced.

Nick Lowe 2012 US Tour Dates

April 18 @ First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

April 19 @ Turner Hall, Milwaukee, WI

April 20 @ Park West, Chicago, IL

April 21 @ Lafayette Brewing Co, Lafayette IN

April 23 @ Phoenix Theater, Toronto, Canada

April 25 @ Town Hall, New York, NY

April 26 @ Wilbur Theater, Boston, MA

April 27 @ Tarrytown Music Hall, Tarrytown, NY

April 29 @ Keswick Theater, Glenside PA

April 30 @ Birchmere, Alexandria, VA

May 2 @ Fletcher Opera House, Raleigh, NC