Supporting act for second leg of tour?

Hmm...it never occurred to me that Nick Lowe wouldn't be opening for the second leg of the tour.

If not Mr. Lowe, I wonder who the likely candidates are. Maybe a Night of Wilco?

Hmm...it never occurred to me that Nick Lowe wouldn't be opening for the second leg of the tour.

If not Mr. Lowe, I wonder who the likely candidates are. Maybe a Night of Wilco?

Could definitely be Lowe again. He has some solo dates in October but then nothing again until he's in Spain on 12/15... So the window is certainly there for him.

European leg of the tour: The opener will be Jonathan Wilson, while listening to "Gentle Spirit" so should I stay or should I go? terrible IMHO

He opened for Wilco when they were in LA for the WTA tour. I didn't care much for his act, but the people I was with liked him.

He opened for Wilco when they were in LA for the WTA tour. I didn't care much for his act, but the people I was with liked him.

Last Chicago show was a way out choice, IMHO, Tortoise, and they were unreal. Love NickLowe,and if I am lucky enough to see him will get there even earlier, but if not the band has a knack for intorducing bands a lot of other people know about that are great but that I am ignorant of. And really like at the end.

From Wilco's Facebook page:

"Great news. Nick Lowe's coming back for the Nov./Dec. tour -- from 29 Nov. in Dallas through 12 Dec. in Chicago (Civic Opera House)."

It's interesting that they did not mention the Vic and Riv. shows which are after the Civic Opera House show. I am guessing he will do those shows, too.

It's interesting that they did not mention the Vic and Riv. shows which are after the Civic Opera House show. I am guessing he will do those shows, too.

Lowe is in Spain on 12/15, so for sure he's not going to be at The Vic. The Riv is a possibility, but wouldn't they have said so if that were the case?

Lowe is in Spain on 12/15, so for sure he's not going to be at The Vic. The Riv is a possibility, but wouldn't they have said so if that were the case?

I agree - I don't see him doing Riv, Vic or subsequent Chicago shows. I think adding him for the additional shows is a great move for all. Really enjoyed his performance in Nashville.