Stone Roses Reunion!!!!

Reasonably priced? Who cares....if they show up in NY I will be there no matter what.

This news has made my day...my week...my month...quite possibly my year!

I only wish that John Squire seemed at all into that press conference. But that may be John Squire just being John Squire. If they manage to last long enough to make it to NY and I am able to be in that audience (which I will move mountains to do), I will be out of my mind with happiness! (How's that for enthusiasm??! LOL)

They are a weird band for me. I feel that their first album really is a perfect album. I like everything on it. But when I've heard the demos that were part of one of the re-releases or live stuff, it doesn't do as much for me and some of Ian Brown's vocals are just plain bad. The second album has some good stuff on it, but to my ears, there is also lots of filler.

First album is one of the best debuts of all time but Ian Brown is a terrible singer live. For me this is one reunion that didn't need to happen.

Let's face it reunions suck for the most part. When the Pixies and Dinosaur Jr. reformed I was so excited only to have my hopes dashed by the reality of seeing teenage idols as middle-aged adults going through the motion in exchange for the mullah. I didn't bother with Pavement which seems like a good choice from the reviews.

Funnily enough the Police were the only band worth the money. They were really good.

Let's face it reunions suck for the most part. When the Pixies and Dinosaur Jr. reformed I was so excited only to have my hopes dashed by the reality of seeing teenage idols as middle-aged adults going through the motion in exchange for the mullah.

Have you seen Dinosaur Jr. since they reformed? It sounds like you couldn't have, from this post.

Have you seen Dinosaur Jr. since they reformed? It sounds like you couldn't have, from this post.

Their new material is pretty great, actually.

As was the Buzzcocks' when they re-formed. So yeah, there are exceptions, and new material seems to help.

Reasonably priced? Who cares....if they show up in NY I will be there no matter what.

This news has made my day...my week...my month...quite possibly my year!

I only wish that John Squire seemed at all into that press conference. But that may be John Squire just being John Squire. If they manage to last long enough to make it to NY and I am able to be in that audience (which I will move mountains to do), I will be out of my mind with happiness! (How's that for enthusiasm??! LOL)

Well problem is I like them enough...but shows in NYC are 2 X the price of most major cities. I don't think I would pay $60 to see them in a so-so venue like Terminal 5...

• 7 months later...
Let's face it reunions suck for the most part. When the Pixies and Dinosaur Jr. reformed I was so excited only to have my hopes dashed by the reality of seeing teenage idols as middle-aged adults going through the motion in exchange for the mullah. I didn't bother with Pavement which seems like a good choice from the reviews.

good shows i've seen of reunited bands:

dinosaur jr

archers of loaf

afghan whigs

guided by voices

mission of burma

the soft boys

thinking fellers union local 282

come

codeine

sleep

stooges

swervedriver

big dipper

the jesus lizard

scratch acid

swans

pavement

urge overkill

slint

throbbing gristle

camper van beethoven

killing joke

versus

chavez

for against

PiL

X

Harvey Milk

I'm sure there are a bunch more.

good shows i've seen of reunited bands:

dinosaur jr

archers of loaf

afghan whigs

guided by voices

mission of burma

the soft boys

thinking fellers union local 282

come

codeine

sleep

stooges

swervedriver

big dipper

the jesus lizard

scratch acid

swans

pavement

urge overkill

slint

throbbing gristle

camper van beethoven

killing joke

versus

chavez

for against

PiL

X

Harvey Milk

I'm sure there are a bunch more.

Buzzcocks.

Never saw them myself damnit, but I've heard good things about the recent shows from: Wire.

Oh, and I saw TELEVISION in 1992, and they absolutely killed!

Buzzcocks played new material when I saw them in 1996.

haven't seen Go4 though it's down to just Gang of 2, right?

They did one tour with all original 4 and that's the one I saw. It was great. They have toured since then with a new drummer and bass player, and I have not seen them. At the show in Boston original drummer Hugo Burnham, who lives around here, came out and played the encore with them.

I guess everything is fine with the Stone Roses:

But a spokeswoman has dismissed the incident, telling Sky News: "The band didn't play an encore - which is quite normal for them - and they had already played their full planned set so no one walked off before the end." She added: "All tour dates continue as planned."

http://news.sky.com/home/showbiz-news/article/16246390

• 4 years later...