Avett Brothers in Chattanooga sold out in 27 seconds

The online sale for the avett brothers show in Chattanooga apparently sold out today in 27 seconds.

I got up at 7 this morning and stood in line at the box office for almost 3 hours before the on sale and managed to get a ticket.

Seems pretty standard practice now that there's a 4 ticket limit. But, the thing that was astonishing to me was that the thing sold out in 27 seconds. That's ridiculous. Has it been that fast for Wilco?

Is anybody from VC coming to the show? I'm really looking forward to it. Saw them back in 09 and it was awesome.

And just how many of those online ticket sales will end up in the hand of brokers?

And just how many of those online ticket sales will end up in the hand of brokers?

Far too many, I suspect.

I saw The Avett Brothers for the first time in April (at Sunfest), and it was, far and away, the best show I've seen in years.

Enjoy the show!

Far too many, I suspect.

I saw The Avett Brothers for the first time in April (at Sunfest), and it was, far and away, the best show I've seen in years.

Enjoy the show!

TAB is a great live band; prolly better live than on record...

That's what I had heard prior to seeing them. It was one of the best shows I'd ever seen of any band who's music I was almost completely unfamiliar with. I'm looking forward to seeing them again in February, if I can get tickets.

I'm coming down for the show! After seeing them multiple times over the years at increasingly larger venues (and most recently at the stinkin Bridgestone in Nashville...ick!), I can't wait to see them at a smaller venue.

I hated to hear that they weren't playing Asheville for NYE, but I'll take NYEE in Chattanooga.

welch79,

If you're looking for things to do in Chatt before the show there's a lot going on downtown. It's way smaller than Nashville, but I like it.

How was the Bridgestone show? My sister went to a show at a baseball park in Knoxville, and she had a great time. I've only seen the Avetts one other time at a small theatre here in Chatt (missed Wilco for that one!)

Really looking forward to it!

the bridgestone show was fine, i guess, but it def. wasn't the ryman. it was a big, loud venue. impersonal. not the best place for the avetts to play imo.

i am fairly familiar with chattanooga, and i love it! looing forward to the long weekend down there!

i was also at the smokies park show, and i wish i could go back and get closer to the stage. i had tickets up on the club level of the stadium, and they were far, far away from the stage, and the sound was echoing off the structure, the video on the jumbotron was out of sync with the sound...

i've just been spoiled by seeing their energy in small venues. how is the track 29?

yea, whether it's Bruce Spingsteen or Ryan Adams... Wilco or Avetts... somehow these online sales (AND pre-sales for "the fans") are a total clusterfuck full of errors and timeouts for all us regular peeps, and yet they can "efficiently" sellout within minutes and somehow, luckily, magically, all the best tickets end up in the hands of the brokers? coincidence? dont think so....

i wish we could somehow change that...

Probably could, too, if no one ever scalped tickets, or bought tickets from ticket brokers, and Ticketmaster had less control over how many tickets they could sell to any given event.

That said, there will almost always be someone willing to scalp tickets to a show, or go through a broker, and/or call Ticketmaster.

Avett Brothers tickets are $35 for the show that I want to see, and there is a $10 service charge/ticket.

Ridiculous.

Track 29 reminds me of a sort of warehouse environment. It's basically a big flat building. Really, it reminded me of an airplane hanger.

It's okay. If you're on the rail the sound is way too loud. So if you're planning to be up front bring ear plugs.

The last couple shows I started out on the rail and then moved back because I got tired of being pushed into the barricade, and annoyed by how extremely loud it was. But I plan to stick it out for the avetts.

Overall, it's not a bad place. Not my favorite place to see a show, but the best option Chattanooga has right now besides the Tivoli.

My fiancé and I are going to brave the weather (it's supposed to be 58! :w00t ) around 3 or 4. Not sure how early a lot of folks are going. My sister is gonna show up an hour or so before doors. When she saw the Avetts in the Smokies back at the beginning of October, she said they got there an hour before doors and managed to land a 2nd row spot.

Anyway, we're going to camp out around 3, maybe 4. We'll see. I've never been to a sold out show at Track 29... so I don't really know how that will be

• 2 weeks later...

welch79, what did you think of the show?

I enjoyed it a lot, though the front quickly became too much for me to handle

1. because my sister almost got in a fight with a drunk girl over the drunk girl pushing in front of me

2. being squished by so many people behind me

so, Matt and i moved back right before the encore. it was a lot better in the back, but a lot of talkers. I think track 29 is conducive to talkers though.

the set list was amazing. they played for a good 45mins longer than the 1st time i saw them

i thought it was a great show! we were about five people back from the front, dead center. yes, it was crowded but manageable. very good set list, cool print too. i scored #29/100, so that's kinda cool: getting print 29 at the track 29. the venue was fine...it was forever long out the back of the choo choo though! i had no idea it was so far back there!