Solid Sound 2012?

Well, it pisses me off no end. I thought they were going to do some kind of a package deal like the Red Rocks package, but apparently not.

I guess it's not right to feel entitled, but having stayed there last year and checking in with them pretty much every month since the dates were announced this year, it just seems absurd that there is literally no room at the Inn. It was so nice last year to be able to run back to the room for a little recharge of the phone battery, etc. I'm just going to pout a little longer. :ohwell

By the way, the Willows--where I stayed the first year--does still have rooms available, and it's right next door to one of the shuttle stops. At least the first year there was a shuttle stop--not sure about 2013. It's an old-fashioned but comfy place and the rooms are spacious.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a 3 night minimum required? I had called a couple of the smaller hotels ( can't remember the names right now) and they told me there was a 3 night minimum stay. I have to leave by Sunday night, so I'm hoping that some hotels will not impose a minimum stay requirement.

I couldn't get into the Holiday Inn last year - stayed there for the 1st Solid Sound and it was so convenient. Last year, we stayed at the Orchards. It was a bit pricey, but the shuttle stop was right across the street, so it worked out pretty well.

Yeah, 3 night minimum. One of the places I called has a 4-night minimum! I had already decided to come in Thursday because every year I keep wishing I had some time to explore the surrounding area and the museum itself, so I'm actually staying 4 nights. (leaving Monday). You might have to reserve at a pretty distant location to avoid the minimum stay requirement.

I had already decided to come in Thursday because every year I keep wishing I had some time to explore the surrounding area and the museum itself, so I'm actually staying 4 nights. (leaving Monday).

Great plan! Best decision we made last year was getting in Thursday so we could do just that. Got a chance to check out the area on Friday, including going to the museum in the morning to walk around when it was relatively empty.

Now if we can preselect the weather for Solid Sound 2013, maybe sunny and 75 degrees, we'll be all set.