Wilco -- 6/4/2012 Forbidden Fruit Festival, Dublin, Ireland

Sorry, I was too much in the moment to take notes. Maybe someone more sensible will provide a set list. It was fabulous though. Short but intensely marvelous. They played (not in this order) Art of Almost, I Might, Whole Love, Too Far Apart, Laminated Cat, Spiders, Shot in the Arm, Monday, Heavy Metal Drummer, I'm the Man Who Loves You, Via Chicago, Born Alone, Impossible Germany...

Almost no banter except for a remark about the gloomy weather, an intro to Too Far Apart (first time to be played in Dublin), and that it was Mr Jorgensen's birthday today. JT promised that they will be back to Dublin soon.

No encore. He sped off in a black Mercedes with tinted windows straight off the stage, while the other band members were whisked off in a black van.

So happy they came back to Dublin. It's been too long!

Was a damn good gig - they really rocked it. The short set saw to that.

I taped but I haven't had a chance to listen back yet - crowd around me was pretty quiet but there was an awful lot of hipster douchebags who obviously thought their inane conversations were more important than listening to the mighty Wilco.

Set list as my sunburned head remembers it (so probably not complete!):

Art of almost

I might

Via chicago

Spiders (acoustic)

Born alone

Not for the season

Whole love

Too far apart ('18 years and we still don't know how to finish it...)

I'm always in love

Heavy metal drummer

I'm the man who loves you

Monday

Outta mind outta sight

(happy birthday to Mikael J)

Shot in the arm

Notes: JT in early banter shock: 'it's been a beautiful day - we arrive and it's all gone gloom - go gloom!!'

At the end freak out of 'shot in the arm' Nels tore the owl off the front of Mike's keys and physically abused it - WTF!!!

Yep good rocking' set of 75 mins that went way too quickly given the ardours having to go through to get there. At least the weather stayed good but today I'm sporting that 'close encounters' tanned look!

Nels used the owl as a plectrum before he threw it behind Mike's keys.

WTF did someone chuck at the stage just after they arrived on stage?? It looked like a flying saucer. It hit the upright support on Nels' side.

So thanks to Kagee's recording, we have the following setlist:

Art of Almost

I Might

Via Chicago

Spiders (Kidsmoke) (acoustic arrangement)

Impossible Germany

Born Alone

Laminated Cat (aka Not For the Season)

Whole Love

Too Far Apart

I'm Always in Love

Heavy Metal Drummer

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Monday

Outtasite (Outta Mind)

Dawned On Me

Shot In the Arm

The only thing that slightly marred the performance for me was the over-zealous use of the fog machine. Could hardly see the band! Definitely could not see Glenn for parts of it. Ireland has naturally occurring mist, especially in the evening after a sunny day, so IMHO extra fog was redundant.

The only thing that slightly marred the performance for me was the over-zealous use of the fog machine. Could hardly see the band! Definitely could not see Glenn for parts of it. Ireland has naturally occurring mist, especially in the evening after a sunny day, so IMHO extra fog was redundant.

Nels was slightly lost at times - he was joking about later in the gig waving his arounds like he was lost in the fog.

kinda banned from dime . anywhere else ?

It'll probably end up on owl & bear at some stage. I can put it on thetradersden or hunger city if you want. Are you banned from either of them?

I'll have to finish seeding it on dime first though.

Caught up with John Pat and Glenn afterwards - Glenn said he broke his snare drum in very first song and just carried on without it - cant say I noticed - Jeff shot straight back to hotel in his private limo (so rock'n'roll!)

Also really enjoyed the Dublin Trinity College band/orchestra tackle whole of Dark Side Of The Moon - sounded great - then encoded with Wish You Were Here and Comfortably Numb

BTW if anyone knows a dude by the name of Wacker who was at this gig could you tell him that I lost his email address and give him a copy of my recording?

He was standing beside me with his mates and they agreed to stay quite whilst I was taping. I took his email address after the show but my blackberry didn't save it.

Thanks.