Passed this morning

I began reading his books when I was about ten years old.

Dandelion Wine may still be my favorite book of his.

This is a good interview:

This is a great book to read if you want to know about his life:

Bradbury Chronicles: The Life of Ray Bradbury

A friend posted this quote on fb. Had to share it:

‎"Some day the load we're carrying with us may help someone. But even when we had the books on hand, a long time ago, we didn't use what we got out of them. We went right on insulting the dead. We went right on spitting in the graves of all the poor ones who died before us. We're going to meet a lot of lonely people in the next week and the next month and the next year. And when they ask us what we're doing, you can say, We're remembering. That's where we'll win out in the long run. And some day we'll remember so much that we'll build the biggest goddamn steam-shovel in history and dig the biggest grave of all time and shove war in and cover it up. Come on now, we're going to go build a mirror-factory first and put out nothing but mirrors for the next year and take a long look in them." --Ray Bradbury 1920-2012

One of my favorite authors!

Today in the local newspaper was an AP article about him, and it said how when he was 12, he was delighted that a carnival magician tapped him with a sword and said, "Live forever!" Given his enduring literature, that turned out to be prophetic.

• 2 weeks later...

Bradbury was also one of my faves as a youngster. Read The Illistrated Man, Marsian Chronicles, Fairenheit 451, Something Wicked this way comes, etc. He had an article in the New Yorker just a few short weeks ago. He was also raised in Waukegan, IL, just north of Chicago. Was there a couple times this week and sadly there is no statue of him there. There should be.

LouieB