Hollywood Bowl Roll Call (and seating chart)

So, who's going to the Bowl on September 30 for the last U.S. show of the year? We'll be there, and were lucky enough to get seats in Pool Section D, Row 6. Our friends (Wilco virgins) are in terrace box row 1247.

There are lots of useless seating charts. It took me forever to find this detailed version, so I decided to save everyone else the grief I went through:

.HollywoodBowl_EndStage_2010-05-13_2011-09-22_1000_tn.gif

Also, that night is a full moon. I am not making this up:

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/aa_moonphases.pl?year=2012&ZZZ=END

Pool section B row 4. 4th wilco show this year. Very excited. Here are my LA show rankings for this year so far.

1. Hollywood palladuim. ( i had low expecptations about venue from prior experiences) man was I wrong the most energy I've experienced at a wilco show.

2. Los Angeles Theatre. Beautiful venue. ( poor seats)

3. The Wiltern ( dont like the Wiltern, was not my favorite setlist

All were great shows I hope the Hollywood bowl tops the list.

Any word on Jonathan Richman for this show? He's listed as opener for all the west coast dates leading up to this, but not for this date. What gives? I have this fantasy of Jonathan & Wilco doing Roadrunner together and if it happens everywhere but the Bowl I'll be devastated.

• 2 months later...

They are saying that may be exactly the problem...last time the media blew the whole thing up into such a projected nightmare, and then it didn't live up to the scare at all. So now with this much more extensive & much longer piece of construction, the fear is that people will ignore the warnings and just drive as usual. And then there really could be trouble!

But no worries, we'll be there even if we have to get out and walk. :party

For those of you who may be unfamiliar with the Hollywood Bowl, it is perfectly fine to bring a small cooler and food & drinks (incl. alcohol) and picnic under the CA stars. :)

Are you sure that is true for rock and roll shows? I thought it was only for orchestra and other classy merlot sipping type events. Don't think I've seen anyone bring alcohol in to any of the previous rock shows I've seen there, Roger Waters and Phish, and those fans love their mind altering substances.

I was surprised, too, about the laxness (Is that a word?) on this...my son called to find out whether we could bring in a bit of dinner and the woman told him yes, food and drinks were totally allowed, and my son, being 21, said "Even alcohol?" and she assured him that was fine too. With the average cup of beer at a venue ranging between $8 and $10, we thought this was a pretty sweet set-up!

We plan a nice little picnic during the Joanna Newsome's set. Should be beautiful weather in a beautiful setting.