Do you think Wilco will ever play in South America?

I am a long-time Wilco fan from upstate NY and I am traveling in South America for work right now. As I travel through Brazil, Paraguay, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, etc... all I keep thinking about is how Wilco needs to get down here to play... great music scene in many of these countries and some great venues...

Do you think it will ever happen?

Yes, I hope. I'm from Brazil! ;) (and my english is bad, sorry)

Wilco played here in 2005 and never returned. I got tired of waiting and went to Miami to see them. I talked with them and they said are trying to come in early 2013.

I think if they come to Brazil will play in Argentina too. Perhaps Chile.

I made this website with a friend http://iswilcocomingtobrazil.com, stay tuned! :P

It might be a money loser to do a tour there. I assume that's why most bands don't do it. Certainly the west coast of South America would be extremely difficult to tour by bus. If they rented gear at every venue, maybe they could travel by air and make it workable.

I'm sure they would sell out in the very close Buenos Aires and Montevideo, and maybe also in Santiago de Chile, at 2-hour flight distance. And, having in mind that the streaming of 'The Whole Love' was 'trending topic' in Brazil, surely also in Sao Paulo and/or Rio.

I'm sure they would sell out in the very close Buenos Aires and Montevideo, and maybe also in Santiago de Chile, at 2-hour flight distance. And, having in mind that the streaming of 'The Whole Love' was 'trending topic' in Brazil, surely also in Sao Paulo and/or Rio.

Looking into it a bit further, there are a number of cities that are very close, as you mention, which could pretty easily be strung together into a tour. Maybe a flight or two to connect some of the longer stretches. I don't know why more bands don't do it.