Given the emotional and addictive state of various members of the band, not achieveing massive success is probably a good thing.

That's a very insightful point, Crow. Without going too deep into things I know little about, it seems pretty well documented 1999 and 2000 were not exactly the heights of health for either Jeff or Jay. I am not sure having the added pictures of having like a "One Headlight" level hit, and the band circa 1999 having to go through that journey would have ended up all that great. Though I am sure Jay would have bought like a million more awesome vintage keyboards with his royalties. Retrospectively, Wilco seems to have gotten the increase in popularity it could handle every step of its career.

--Mike

I guess sometimes it's got to be enough to be the best band in America and making a breathtaking record.

Candyfloss was definitely a grower for me. I kept seeing the song title pop up in people's Favorite Wilco Songs lists and didn't even recognize it (my copy of Summerteeth has it as a bonus track but doesn't list the title). Once it took hold, it was infectious! My daughter (4 or 5 at the time) fell in love with it too and always requested it for our drive to school. Finally got to hear/see it played live this summer and that was the icing on the cake!

p.s. Something tells me Jeff might not actually smell like flowers, though...

p.s. Something tells me Jeff might not actually smell like flowers, though...

He does, though! Well, maybe not flowers exactly, but noticeably clean and fresh as a daisy.

After stalking the poor man for years, I finally got a chance to get a hug from him this summer and I was honestly struck by how good he smelled! This was in the afternoon, though, not post-show.

No matter what, he's always the boy with the poetry powers.

He does, though! Well, maybe not flowers exactly, but noticeably clean and fresh as a daisy.

After stalking the poor man for years, I finally got a chance to get a hug from him this summer and I was honestly struck by how good he smelled! This was in the afternoon, though, not post-show.

No matter what, he's always the boy with the poetry powers.

This might be the creepiest thing I've ever read.