Wilco - 15 Oct 2012, Barcelona

Back from the show!!! It's just too late now for a long report so I can only say that it was a brilliant concert! I really don't get tired of seeing the band playing and somehow they make every concert a new experience to me! With the Liceu they have already played all the classical venues in town so who knows where they'll be playing next time in Barcelona. They love this city, really, and Jeff thanked the audience a few times... The concert wasn't sold out (tickets were really expensive) but it looked quite full in the end. I was quite surprised for the really rocker start (as I was wrongly expecting One Sunday Morning... I really missed not listening to it), was very, very happy to listen to Shouldn't be Ashamed, and they played wonderfully, as usual. Nels got an standing ovation after Impossible Germany, Jeff covered his ears as he couldn't understand the requests some people shouted at the same time, joked about playing in an opera house, he asked if we were having a good time and said that sure not as good as the one they have when they are playing... Oh, curiosity, Elijah Wood (the actor) was at the concert (and he is... not tall... but had a lovely happy face! ;o)

And more tomorrow, as I head to Madrid!!! Check out in case they are streaming on the radio the show too (that's what I heard)

1. Misunderstood

2. Art of Almost

3. I Might

4. Sunken Treasure

5. You Are My Face

6. Impossible Germany

7. Born Alone

8. Capitol City

9. Handshake Drugs

10. Radio Cure

11. Whole Love

12. Theologians

13. I'm Always in Love

14. Via Chicago

15. Shouldn't Be Ashamed

16. Forget the Flowers

17. Heavy Metal Drummer

18. Dawned on Me

19. Hummingbird

20. A Shot in the Arm

21. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

22. Box Full of Letters

23. Jesus, Etc.

24. Walken

25. I'm The Man Who Loves You

26. Outtasite (outta mind)

27. Hoodoo Voodoo

This one is marvellous

http://translate.goo...ved=0CF4Q7gEwCA

"Topped with a beard in the distance did not seem particularly pruned".

Apparently they "faked with pace" ...

Yes - just genius translation.

For anyone who enjoys the strangulation of the English language, I recommend: http://www.engrish.com/ for a daily groan.

"and that's when, off guard, appears Nels Cline and steals his wallet and the will to live"

http://translate.goo...ved=0CD0Q7gEwAQ

Wilco in Barcelona: shoot the guitarist

Jeff Tweedy's band alcazar sought perfection in Barcelona yesterday, presented beautifully, but little accurate taps of Nels Cline and the occasional crack in the code prevented it. By Xavi Sancho

More or less on the concert Ecuador, Jeff Tweedy approaches the microphone to address the respectable second time. Just ring a supernatural version of Radio Cure, when Wilco was one explorer who gave the coordinates of the point where folk and Radiohead were. Ask the man if the concert is sounding perfect, because we are in an 'opera', and of course, everything here should sound perfect. We asked if we hear, if we like, if we dined at home or have to get up early tomorrow. We asked if his band is PERFECT. And these questions are only when we know that the answer is yes.

The event is presented by Concerts sublime.'s Wilco and nothing can go wrong, so the answer is yes: Jeff, all perfect, the cure for cancer have closer every day. And, although Tweedy will spend few ironic comments over the fact that you are in the Gran Teatre del Liceu, where PA announces you, five minutes before the start of the concert, you should be thinking about when you take your seat and the band asks the audience coree a topic on the back row of silent calls, the truth is that Wilco has become a being perfect for events such reverential. Incomparable and public standing after a guitar solo. Their control over the respectable is such that you can afford to say that yesterday's hearing in Bilbao was the worst I ever had, then claim it was a joke and leave you without really knowing what of the two sentences was joke. This guy is good.

The concert started with a rendition of Misunderstood, a subject of Being there today sounds like it belongs on A Ghost Is Born, Wilco remembering when interest seemed like as much surprise. He continues Art of Almost, grandiose opening track his last long and the only time in the last five years in the shadow of Jim O'Rourke and Jay Bennett was looking out the band's music. This has gone from contemporary folk as intended people closest he's been to a cow has been asking the rare steak, to become a being so authentic and real, which seems destined to all those who, whenever found no where to park, promising to move to a town. Yes, you have 3G connection.

Is the turn of the harmless I might, and that's when, off guard, appears Nels Cline and steals his wallet and the will to live. Hyperactive, and with his guitar at an excessive volume, spends the whole issue introducing man screeching riffs, absolutely unnecessary, they sound more like radio interference than musical arrangements. Jumps and jumps, type, and if we were not at the Liceu and we knew that this scenario has endured to Montserrat Caballé, we would think that this can come down (physically, not metaphorically) at any time. After a wonderful You are my face (the best of tasteless Sky Blue Sky), with their air to Simon & Garfunkel and celestial melody (inevitably use these adjectives in a Wilco concert, sorry), arrives Impossible Germany, which is the rock what garrote the death penalty: an embodiment too cruel even in Arizona. The interminable solo Cline stands up to respectable, which is good, because, at least for a while you lose sight. Finish the subject and, contrary to what you feel most rock fans, who would have liked to be born before enjoying Hendrix or the Beatles live, you can not help but think that you were born too soon. Future generations will not stand guitar solos.

The scenery, with its lamps hanging from the ceiling, its textured velvet curtain and warm lighting is perfect for the following trio of issues, perhaps fifteen minutes, and the nearly two hours that will last the show-that Wilco planting camp in paradise. Theologians is the most refined sugars, I'm always in love is so wonderful that neither can ruin Cline and Via Chicago is greater than God. Contrary to what would later happen with A shot in the arm, which is teetering on some arrangements that seem the most successful, this other Summerteeth sublime theme tonight is chilling, both for its beauty and for its fierceness.

A flawless interpretation I am trying to break your heart starts the first round of encores. Aware that it is approaching the end, the audience shouts its requests (author's note to the girl who cried 'She's a jar': I do not know who you are, and I saw, but I know that I love you and this time it's for real) . Tweedy reaches a consensus solution and booted with Jesus, etc., A song that is impossible to find fault. And like a bad metaphor for what we were and what we are Wilco discs, comes immediately Walken, with their air of The Band and Cline in orbit again confirming that if it did this morning in a country under the rule of Sharia, would not hesitate to cut your hands.

After I'm the man who loves you so lovely it makes you want to hug, the band disappears to return in a second round of encores made ​​to rock, with a public Outtasite putting up again (do this in Barcelona two sometimes only available to Messi and Springsteen) and a Voodoo Hoodoo that theme to rescue Mermaid Avenue series is questionable.

And the lights and yes, the murderer, as expected, was the butler. So, Wilco have returned to give another concert played perfectly, but ballasting, and this is something that their next album-not-happen remedied increasingly, a repertoire that Capitol City for giving or Walken, we robbed Poor Places, How to Fight Loneliness, Kamera, Califnornia stars or Can not stand it. But in the end, only aspire to perfection cowards, and Wilco someday again be brave.

• 2 months later...

http://wilco.kungfustore.com/category/491-roadcase/product/3992-roadcase-015-october-15-2012-barcelona-es-wilr15

Now available as Roadcase Show #15!!

Roadcase 015 / October 15, 2012 / Barcelona, ES (WILR15)

This is part of Wilco's Roadcase series of high-quality live recordings. Each show is tracked, mastered and includes a digital image of the show poster.

Recorded live at the Gran Teatre del Liceu in Barcelona, ES on October 15, 2012.

Setlist

01 - Misunderstood
02 - Art of Almost
03 - I Might
04 - Sunken Treasure
05 - You Are My Face
06 - Impossible Germany
07 - Born Alone
08 - Capitol City
09 - Handshake Drugs
10 - Radio Cure
11 - Whole Love