This is just wrong

As a somewhat enthusiastic yoga practitioner and a VERY enthusiastic Wilco fan, I can safely say whoever chose those particular songs for doing yoga to had their head up their ass... a challenging asana to say the least!

I practice lots of Yoga too, and clearly am a huge Wilco fan...but I do have to say that this actually had me laughing my butt off...wonder who? how? bizarre & then some...

might not be bad as a baby lullaby CD but any adult person doing yoga to this should probably consider suicide

Turns out there's a Wilco lullaby CD. Turns out the lullaby album contains the EXACT same music as the yoga disc. Turns out, a copy of the lullaby disc arrived in my mailbox today, courtesy of a friend and colleague as a gift for my newborn, who arrives on or around January 5.

51dUmSOixaL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I don't know, but what really stood out to me was my different perception of the music itself based on the context in which it would be heard -- and whom would be listening. I was turned off and somewhat disgusted with the idea of this stuff being the soundtrack to a yoga session, yet when I thought of this as something I'd leave on for my infant as he/she goes to sleep, I thought it was great.

I wonder if this was originally a child's lullaby first, & then someone in marketing decided it was marketable as "yoga music" as well? It makes total sense as a children's/infant's album, just about as much as it makes almost no sense as a yoga soundtrack.