NPR Music is live blogging the Grammies

In case anyone's interested. I'm attempting to cut and paste from my iPad and I haven't quite got the hang of it, so if the link doesn't post correctly someone else please do it right. http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2013/02/09/171492049/sunday-8-p-m-et-spend-grammy-night-staring-at-screens-with-us?sc=fb&cc=fmp

From the Grammy website:

The 55th GRAMMY Awards eligibility period is for recordings released between October 1, 2011, through September 30, 2012.

I can't remember the last time I watched the Grammys.  Most of the music recognized just doesn't appeal to me, and the same goes for the performances.

What's the timeframe for releases for a given year's grammys? Black Keys won several for El Camino, but that was released in 2011...

Oh, and Katy Perry's boobs.

Her boobs are ugly: get that woman off screen.  So is her face: get her face off screen.  So is her voice: get that trash out of my ears.

Also, see this, and this, and this.

Now to balance it out... congratulations to Beyonce, Kanye, Jay-Z, Miguel, Usher (never thought I'd congratulate him, but, damn, Climax, damn, and also, Diplo), and Frank Ocean.

Also, who would want to vote for Babel for album of the year?

I almost always watch the Grammys, but this year I kind of forgot and then when I realized they were on, I just couldn't bring myself to watch.  Kudos to the Black Keys I suppose.  I haven't even looked at the complete list, but guess I will.  None of the major awards went to anyone I care about.

LouieB

Her boobs are ugly: get that woman off screen.  So is her face: get her face off screen.  So is her voice: get that trash out of my ears.

Also, see this, and this, and this.

Meh - they're just boobs, and she's merely a pop star. Nothing to get worked up about.

I didn't watch the show. My wife called me into living room shouting "Whoa! Katy Perry's tits are on blast!", and she paused it for me. Nice wife. Good times.

Also, who would want to vote for Babel for album of the year?

I don't think people who like M&Sons would vote for this as album of the year. Grammys = irrelevant 

(BTW, Katy Boob is my wife's musical guilty pleasure)