Should "Roadrunner" be the official rock song of Massachusetts?

No, that's way too early. Maybe that's when it became cool for you, but the hate train has been gathering an Eagles-esque amount of steam in the past couple of years. 

I can't say whether or not it was then that it became cool for me to hate them, but it was definitely around then when I began to hate them, cool or not. Was Dude Looks Like a Lady earlier than that?

Maybe it was around the the inescapable video for the Walk This Way video with Run/DMC.

Nah, there've always been people who don't like them and that's totally understandable. But they've captured the hategeist in a big way the past few years. I guess it's not much of a mystery the more I think about it; recently they've been in the public consciousness for things like Steven falling offstage, subsequent infighting, poor (new) music, and American Idol rather than for being a still-chugging-along old rock band a la the Stones or the Allmans.

• 1 month later...

Some do.  For example, the Flaming Lips' "Do You Realize" is the official rock song of Oklahoma, as opposed to the official song ("Oklahoma"), the official state waltz ("Oklahoma Wind"), and the official state folk song ("Oklahoma Hills"). 

Apparently "Do You Realize" is no longer the official state rock song of Oklahoma:

http://pitchfork.com/news/50300-the-flaming-lips-do-you-realize-no-longer-the-official-state-rock-song-of-oklahoma/