Should "Roadrunner" be the official rock song of Massachusetts?

Didn't want this political news to get buried in an old Jonathan Richman thread but there is a bill that is being filed today to declare "Roadrunner" the official rock song of Massachusetts. 

http://blog.thephoenix.com/BLOGS/onthedownload/archive/2013/02/11/15-reasons-why-roadrunner-jonathan-richman-modern-lovers-will-become-official-song-massachusetts-2013.aspx

Anything pro-Jonathan is good with me.

Go for it, Mass.!!!!

"I'm in love with Massachusetts..."

Turned on the radio in the car last night and...

"Roadrunner" was playing... on a commercial station (WXRT).

That has never happened (to me) before.

I instantly called the station to tell them that more Jonathan was HIGHLY recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

(Thread title is phrased as though states do have official songs of other genres? Do any other states have official rock songs?)

Some do.  For example, the Flaming Lips' "Do You Realize" is the official rock song of Oklahoma, as opposed to the official song ("Oklahoma"), the official state waltz ("Oklahoma Wind"), and the official state folk song ("Oklahoma Hills"). 

Massachusetts has a bunch of other official state songs, including the official state polka ("Say Hello to Someone from Massachusetts").  As someone born and raised here in Massachusetts, I'm not sure I've ever heard the official state polka. 

More details here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._state_songs

this is awesome if it'll really happen. my friend Joyce Linehan was the prime mover on this one.

Here's a link to an interesting little piece from the UK's Guardian newspaper about this, which I believe I saw when Joyce tweeted about it. Cool that you're friends with her, Tim!

When did it become cool to hate Aerosmith? Before Steven went on American Idol?

I was thinking something similar on the way home from work yesterday when "Sweet Emotion" came on the radio and I cranked it way up, per usual.

In other news, I've got my ticket, I AM seeing him 3/1.  Anyone seen him recently?  I'm a huge fan of his 80s work, in particular Rockin' and Romance, which is hard to come by today. My guess is there won't be much of that or the Modern Lovers stuff.

He seems to make a stop in every town I am in.  Seen him twice in Nashville, once in Kansas City, and now 3 times in NYC.  Just saw him the 19th at the Bell House in Brooklyn and was hoping he'd mention this recent news.