The Aryan Brotherhood, Denver and Kaufman, Texas

There is a really interesting a scary story playing out in North Central Texas.

Investigators are chasing links and leads between the assassination of Colorado Department of Corrections chief Tom Clements and the murders of Kaufman County Prosecutor Mark Hasse and Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland.

Evan Spencer Ebel, an Ex-Con identified as the chief suspect in the murder of Clements was kiiled in a shootout after a chase in Decatur, Texas. It appears he was heading in the direction of Kaufman.

There is talk that the Aryan Brotherhood may be involved. Both Hasse and McLelland were involved in cases against the Brotherhood.

Texas in general is freaking scary. And that's coming from a guy who lives in Florida! :lol

I lived in Florida for almost 30 years before eventually moving to Texas and I find the Lone Star State to be superior in almost every category. :rock

That should work out well, because my experience of people from Texas is that they generally regard the state as being superior in almost every category. Never had a desire to go there, and never will.

Did you know it's the highest in executions? 

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/execution/readings/texas.html

What about its reputation for pollution?

http://austin.ynn.com/content/top_stories/198434/top-pollution-ranking-for-texas

Figures show Texas spewed 670 million metric tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere in 2003. That's enough to rank Texas seventh in the world -- if it were its own country.

How are the beaches? I couldn't find any on this list... :lol

http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Beaches

That should work out well, because my experience of people from Texas is that they generally regard the state as being superior in almost every category.

I think you meant to type 'California.' I spent nearly a decade there and was thrilled to leave both times. Great weather, though.

Did you know it's the highest in executions?

Not a proponent of capital punishment in most cases, but I don't lose a lot of sleep over it.

What about its reputation for pollution?

Oooh, the dreaded and deadly carbon dioxide. The same stuff you and I are exhaling at his very moment.

How are the beaches? I couldn't find any on this list...

I hate going to the beach, so no great loss for me. I also dislike seafood, golf, amusement parks, humidity, cockroaches and grumpy retirees, so I can't say that I miss Florida all that much.

I hate going to the beach, so no great loss for me. I also dislike seafood, golf, amusement parks, humidity, cockroaches and grumpy retirees, so I can't say that I miss Florida all that much.

Damn, dude! Well, enjoy your time there.

By the way, I did NOT mean to type "California." But "A" for effort!

It's been my experience that Texans are proud of their state and their residency, while Californians think they live in the best state but don't advertise it all that much. It's just a given for them

No offense but from someone that is born and bred in The Commonwealth of Virginia I can tell you I've visited San Francisco and Los Angeles and Big Sur and Yosemite and Death Valley and San Diego and if there is something that comes close to that in The State of Texas please let me know.

Maybe Austin?

As far as I'm concerned, every state in the nation is filled with natural beauty and wonderful cities and trying to compare them is a waste of time. Yosemite is breathtakingly beautiful -- and clogged to the gills with people. Myself, I'd rather seek out a small state or national park that's less crowded. Los Angeles is a fantastic city, but it also features brown air much of the year and the traffic is soul-crushing. I can get just as much enjoyment out of walking around a tiny country town of 3,000 people.

All levity aside, this is scary and unprecedented. I'm not going to twist off here, but this isn't Chihuahua or Sinaloa. This is North Central Texas minutes from Dallas and Fort Worth.

As is the Aryan brotherhood isn't scary enough, there are rumblings that it could be the cartels.

All levity aside, this is scary and unprecedented. I'm not going to twist off here, but this isn't Chihuahua or Sinaloa. This is North Central Texas minutes from Dallas and Fort Worth.

As is the Aryan brotherhood isn't scary enough, there are rumblings that it could be the cartels.

It's not really unprecedented, as I can remember 2 or 3 prosecutors being shot in my little hometown in Florida about 30 years ago.

I kind of doubt it's the cartels. They're pretty good about keeping most of their violence south of the border; they know that escalating attacks on Americans would probably result in a few thousand of our soldiers pouring across the border to hunt them down.

As far as I'm concerned, every state in the nation is filled with natural beauty and wonderful cities and trying to compare them is a waste of time. 

Ummm...you've never been to Indiana, have you?  ;)

Seriously, though - you get down by the Ohio River it can be pretty nice. I LOVE Madison, IN.

"Over the last century, 14 prosecutors have been killed, according to news reports and statistics kept by the National District Attorneys Association. At least eight of them were targeted in the line of duty. At least several were slain in incidents unrelated to their jobs, apparently random acts of violence."

I can't believe that you guys are minimizing and shrugging this off.

I can't believe that you guys are minimizing and shrugging this off.

It's a big deal, but not something to panic about. I doubt it's cartel-related, so the likely suspects are the Aryan Brotherhood. They're pretty much all convicts and ex-convicts and the prisons do a good job of tracking inmates' gang ties, so I'm sure a list of suspects is already in hand. I expect them to find the perp before too long.

It's a big deal, but not something to panic about. I doubt it's cartel-related, so the likely suspects are the Aryan Brotherhood. They're pretty much all convicts and ex-convicts and the prisons do a good job of tracking inmates' gang ties, so I'm sure a list of suspects is already in hand. I expect them to find the perp before too long.

Mark Hasse was assassinated several weeks ago. The perps machine gunned the DA and his wife in their home. I think if the FBI had a clue, they would have rolled them up.

White Supremacist gangs now going after Prosecutors and DAs? These guys are showing they can pop whoever they want, whenever they want.

Mark Hasse was assassinated several weeks ago. The perps machine gunned the DA and his wife in their home. I think if the FBI had a clue, they would have rolled them up.

White Supremacist gangs now going after Prosecutors and DAs? These guys are showing they can pop whoever they want, whenever they want.

I suspect the FBI has a LOT of clues and a suspect or two in mind. That said, knowing who did it doesn't mean squat until they can be located.

Where did you hear that they'd been machine gunned? I haven't read that anywhere.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/texas/article/Records-Ex-official-eyed-in-DA-slayings-was-cop-4443658.php

I don't think these two are a part of the Arayan brotherhood...or a Mexican drug cartel, for that matter.

I think I'd actually feel more at peace if it was one  of those groups instead of an officer of the court and his wife.