Dick Trickle Commits Suicide

In the early to mid 80's, I use to watch him race at the Illiana Speedway in Schererville, IN; before he hit the NASCAR circuit.

That's really cool.  I've been a racing fan my whole life, grew up going to short tracks in the south.  Never got to see Dick live but he was by far the best short track racer ever.  I'm shocked that he took his own life.  He was such a down to earth, good ol' boy... 

Depression is a bitch and I've seen it tear apart seniors.  Another possibility at his age is a chronic illness he didn't want to suffer through.  I've learned a lot about NASCAR through my father in law, but I don't know anything about Trickle other than his name.  Still, RIP.

That's really cool.  I've been a racing fan my whole life, grew up going to short tracks in the south.  Never got to see Dick live but he was by far the best short track racer ever.  I'm shocked that he took his own life.  He was such a down to earth, good ol' boy... 

It was a lot of fun - I around 10-13 when i was going to that track. I knew a guy who was the head mechanic of a driver who always drove there, so I was always able to go to the pits after the race, which was always cool (of course, perhaps they let anyone in there, I don't know.), especially when the ARTGO Series was passing through. I'm pretty sure I have a couple of pictures with Trickle. Also, it was pretty much a drunk fest after the races in the pits...