RIP Trevor Bolder - Bowie bassist, Spiders From Mars

This hits me harder than Ray Manzarek passing.   The Trevor Bolder era of Bowie's career has been very inspiring to me.

The next few years are going to be devastating.

I mean, a lot of older music stars are going to die in the next few years, and it's going to be quite sad. 

It's the circle of life.

Nobody gets out alive.

I mean, a lot of older music stars are going to die in the next few years, and it's going to be quite sad. 

Thanks for clarifying - I seriously thought you were looking forward to a devastating next few years because the Spiders From Mars bassist died.

A columnist wrote about this in the Trib today.  It is always devastating I suppose because people (young and old) die all the time.  The thing about rock musicians is that unlike the older forms of music which went out of style while many were fairly young and prolific, even younger people are fans of former generations of rock musicians.  When Benny Goodman died it didn't particularly bother me, but for someone in their 20s or 30s today, even Levon Helm and Ray Manzerek have some relevance (more Levon than Ray, but still.)  Bob Dylan is still well regarded; when he goes a lot of people ;are going to be very upset, both old and young. 

LouieB

Ray Manzarek wouldn't have been worthy enough to have carried Benny Goodman's jock strap.

Mainly because Benny Goodman likely didn't wear one, but you catch my drift. Wouldn't have been worthy of carrying his clarinet reed, maybe.

Ray Manzarek wouldn't have been worthy enough to have carried Benny Goodman's jock strap.

Mainly because Benny Goodman likely didn't wear one, but you catch my drift. Wouldn't have been worthy of carrying his clarinet reed, maybe.

You gotta watch out for the trombones when in the pit - so who knows, perhaps he did wear one.

I don't catch your drift, but okay.  Both were from Chicago though. 

If you are saying Ray was not the musician that Benny was, well I sort of catch that.  Despite being a great musician Goodman was kind of a dick and kids when I was growing up could have cared less about him and his old fashioned swing music, while we totally dug the Doors. 

LouieB