Best Roadcase Show?

I recently purchased my first Roadcase show (The Solid Sound Covers Concert) and I'm interested in purchasing one or two more.

Is there anyone out there that have bought a few of these and have a favorite?

I'd particuarly be interested in hearing from those who got a show that they did not attend in person, so that your opinion is based on the sound quality, performance, etc.of the recording.

Over the years, I have downloaded several shows from Owl & Bear, Dime A Dozen & other torrent sites (audience, matrix, sbd, fm broadcast) so I think I have a pretty good idea as what to expect from those sources.

But I would like to know if there are marked differences among the roadcases shows.

In my opinion they're all pretty equivalent in terms of quality. This is a soundboard feed with what sounds like a bit of audience mixed in for color.

I've bought eight of the Roadcase shows (and would probably collect them all if I could justify the cost). Most of the shows are ones I didn't attend, so I can judge them pretty dispassionately.

Of the ones I own, the Geneva show (Roadcase 002) and Rochester (Roadcase 008) are my favorites.

YMMV.

I am also an experienced judge of field recordings. IMO, the Roadcase shows are first-rate work, and there are very few bootlegs that are even close to them in sonic terms.

I am also an experienced judge of field recordings. IMO, the Roadcase shows are first-rate work, and there are very few bootlegs that are even close to them in sonic terms.

Me too, and I agree.  

For instance, I just downloaded this audience recording of the Saturday SS show: Schoeps CMC64>Lunatec V2>Benchmark AD2K (88.2/24bit)>

Tascam HD-P2  fob 1/2 distance between stage and SBD on 7 foot mic stand
recorded by steven knapp

Recorded on a very expensive rig, from the sweet spot.  I'd be thrilled to have this, but I also purchased the Roadcase version, and I prefer the Roadcase.  By far.  YMMV.

As for other Roadcase shows, particularly ones that I was not at, my favorite is Wolftrap 2-012-07-18.  Fantastic performance.
As for other Roadcase shows, particularly ones that I was not at, my favorite is Wolftrap 2-012-07-18.  Fantastic performance.

I bought that one, too -- the setlist is so good.  Sound is great, fun audience banter, too.  It's possible I'm a bit biased, because I was at that show. But it's my favorite recent live performance to listen to.

WEll if you got the first night of solid sound, I would recommend you pick up the second night as well. Kind of completets the package. It's a also a great set filled with lots of older / rarer live performances.

Are there any Roadcase shows with unusual covers or on stage collaborations? I'm curious myself.

Thanks to everyone for your answers!

It sounds from the all varied responses that most of the Roadcase shows are pretty good choices.

Thanks to everyone for your answers!

It sounds from the all varied responses that most of the Roadcase shows are pretty good choices.

Yeah...you really can't go wrong with any of these...the sound is always varying degrees of great & the performances are the greatest band on the planet, also showing why they are the greatest live band on the planet...careening between great & mind blowing...

Just pick a set list that appeals.

I like the series shows- where there are a couple of gigs in a row...my faves are the ones I was at- first & foremost are the three NYC shows in a row (they do 69 different songs over the 3 nights, repeating 9 a night & giving 18 fresh ones) they are Roadcase #3, #4 & #5...the two nights of Solid Sound, #18 & #19 are pretty mind blowing as well...of course I'm also biased to the other shows I went too, #6 (Cooperstown) & #8 (Rochester)- how can you not love getting the show you went to on CD/download?

The Berkely shows are successive nights too, & are Roadcase #12 & #13 & are highly recommended...

It appears that two Tokyo show might be coming up too- http://viachicago.org/topic/49086-three-secret-wilco-roadcase-shows-from-japan/

Whatever you do...get a few ;)

N-Joy!!!!