Now Playing: August, 2013

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heads-3.jpg   homepage_large.140bf2a7.jpg   front_cover_small.jpg

PopTodd, did you get the new Harry RCA box? I downloaded the bonus track albums, and will probably end up purchasing the whole thing at some point down the line. It looks like an amazing set. 

PopTodd, did you get the new Harry RCA box? I downloaded the bonus track albums, and will probably end up purchasing the whole thing at some point down the line. It looks like an amazing set. 

If I had the cash to spend on it, I would. Sadly, I don't.

Might just wind up going the route of the bonus track DLs. And, of course, picking up the albums of his that I don't yet own over the course of the next couple of years.

Would be nice to be made of money.

Do any of you Harry Nilsson fans know if these are remastered?  And if so, how these versions compare sound-quality-wise with the remastered releases done in 2007 or 2008 by BMG Japan in the obi mini-sleeve box set?  They were a little expensive, but over the years I got almost all of them and they sound fantastic (to my ears anyway).  They also have a lot of extra tracks with demos with just voice and piano. I love them.

Yeah, finances may direct my decision to only buy the extras.  I didn't know they were available separately.  Gotta look into this.

They are also selling a book as part of this 36% off deal, and one reviewer mentions "This isn't really a great deal. You can get the CD box set for $79.35 on deepdiscount.com and the book is $20 on Amazon.com so $106.98 is no bargain."   But it does put the "remaster" question to rest.  Thanks for that link calvino!

I bought the Nilsson biography just the other week, have had the box set bookmarked on Amazon.ca for ages as they were the cheapest at the time. They had it as low as $59.99 at one point, should have pre-ordered it then. Now they have it listed for $84.89 and a release date of August 27th. Not sure why the Canadian release date is so much later than the U.S.

I have most of Harry's releases on vinyl and have all the 2007 Japanese remasters on CD, probably shouldn't get this new set but the lure of new material, and original mono mixes etc has me hooked. I'm also hoping the new remasters are better than the Japanese ones wihich seem to be overly compressed.

NP:

Goats.jpg

51XhhRdMJQL._SY300_.jpg

It is mine. Love it.

More tunes for the day:

51L01D3RGyL._SX300_.jpg51Z9Z69KH7L._SY300_.jpg

friedmann01.jpg