Neil Finn solo - Dizzy Heights due Feb 11, 2014

neil-finn-dizzy-heights-2014.jpg

Looking forward to this. 

This live show from KCRW showed up on my FB feed today, lots of new songs live with a string quartet + more!

(plus they played one oldie - one of my favorite songs "Sinner" from his solo album Try Whistling This ...  :love  )

I was at Neil's showcase in NYC on Thursday promoting this album.  He had a 9 piece string section, a drummer, a keyboardist (the arranger), and Neil mostly played grand piano.  The show was phenomenal, and the new songs were unlike anything I've heard from Neil before.  Almost jazzy, very late night vibe.  Fabulous.

That was great !

It would be fantastic if Neil Finn opened for Wilco next summer ...

Supporting Wilco's new album.

That would be cool. But I don't think we'll have a new Wilco album by summer. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it comes out in 2014. I am not expecting a summer tour, either, though I'd love to be wrong.

Love the description above of Neil Finn's sound on this album. Sounds interesting.

I'm liking this new direction for Neil Finn.  That KCRW session was good - but this one from his studio in Auckland last week is even better.  Standout track for me is Dizzy Heights - the title song from the upcoming album - a delicious slice of blue-eyed soul (at the 7:15 mark).