Jeff Tweedy — 12/10/13, Davis, CA (Mondavi Center)

Via Chicago

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

Mountain Bed

New Madrid

Long Time Ago

Dawned On Me

Bull Black Nova

You're Not Alone

Ruling Class

So Much Wine

At Least Thats What You Said

Always In Love

Spiders

Radio King

Don't Forget The Flowers

Born Alone

Jesus Etc

Laminated Cat

-------

California Stars

Heavy Metal Drummer

Thanks I Get

I'm The Man Who Loves You

A Shot In The Arm

---------

Acuff Rose

I assume he played the harmonica on Via? That might be the first time he's played it this tour (even though he a couple of them out there every night)!

He played harmonica in KC on Sunken Treasure.

Me and my spouse were there.  The brainiac Davis audience was even more lethargic than usual, but Jeff seemed to make it work in his favor, moving from song to song with little talk for the first two-thirds of the show.  The first six songs were especially powerful.  He performed Acuff Rose without any amplification, which actually worked in the hall's excellent acoustic environment.  Is that something he's doing in other venues?

Great performance, great venue, great evening.  His guitar playing has never been better.  I would love it if he'd release an album from this tour.

He played harmonica in KC on Sunken Treasure.

OK, that'd be one of the other usual suspects for that. One of the most versatile of Jeff's songs, I've always thought.

I thought I had read in another report from this tour where he did ST but the person seemed to imply it was done just on acoustic guitar. But I could be wrong...

He performed Acuff Rose without any amplification, which actually worked in the hall's excellent acoustic environment.  Is that something he's doing in other venues?

usually he comes out with that, or Dreamer or some other oldie without the PA during solo shows. really cool ifsome of the audience would shut and listen!

Me and my spouse were there. The brainiac Davis audience was even more lethargic than usual, but Jeff seemed to make it work in his favor, moving from song to song with little talk for the first two-thirds of the show. The first six songs were especially powerful. He performed Acuff Rose without any amplification, which actually worked in the hall's excellent acoustic environment. Is that something he's doing in other venues?

Great performance, great venue, great evening. His guitar playing has never been better. I would love it if he'd release an album from this tour.

He has done the unamplified last tune at every solo show I've seen since 2006 -- except he didn't do it in Denver. Maybe the loud, obnoxious crowd in KC two days prior soured that for him. I'll beer understand the need to "wahoo!!!!" in the middle of a performance such as that, like you're at a Van Halen concert.