Live versions differing from album versions

Spiders acoustic - nice but not nearlllly as fun as the album version

ITMWLY - Live version so much better I can't even listen to the album version anymore

Pot Kettle Black - nice ending in the live version

KINGPIN - live version is super rocking, one of my favorites to see, studio version makes me cringe - it just sounds like a hokey country song

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiders acoustic - nice but not nearlllly as fun as the album version

ITMWLY - Live version so much better I can't even listen to the album version anymore

Pot Kettle Black - nice ending in the live version

KINGPIN - live version is super rocking, one of my favorites to see, studio version makes me cringe - it just sounds like a hokey country song

I go back and forth on ITMWLY. Live, it has more muscle, but the album version swings better. Plus I get turned off sometimes when the guitar feedback intro in live settings goes on too long.

I'm sort of the same way toward PKB, but I do prefer the live ending more than the fade-out on disc. Although - for those of you who own YHF on vinyl - you know the ending of PKB on vinyl is different than the one on disc or digital. It's where the live ending came from.