Is this Tweedy album - subpar?

I have heard all Of the live recordings and 2 of the studio tracks and I am so bored by it. I am one of the biggest wilco/tweedy fans and love when a song is challenging and takes toms of time to grow on me. But these songs seem...boring. And coming from tweedy it seems so unreal. I just don't get what has happened.

Always the chance of some clunkers in the few as yet unheard tracks (I am picky and there is plenty that I have not liked  in all that has gone before), but personally I have been thinking that this sounds like the most consistently good quality set of songs that JT has produced in a single release. Time will tell though of course.

I have heard all Of the live recordings and 2 of the studio tracks and I am so bored by it. I am one of the biggest wilco/tweedy fans and love when a song is challenging and takes toms of time to grow on me. But these songs seem...boring. And coming from tweedy it seems so unreal. I just don't get what has happened.

Totally! If I can't appreciate and immediately fall in love with new material after hearing audience recordings of a new ensemble's first few shows, that's it for me.

... Or we could just wait to hear the album when it's released. Two months from now.

I like what I have heard, but it hasn't knocked my socks off.  It sort of reminds me of Loose Fur but without the Kotche.. or Fur.  

But yeah, I agree we need to wait and hear the actual album.

I think appreciation for it is partly based on expectation.  If you look at it as something that's supposed to matter as much as a new Wilco record (depending on your views) that could make it hard to stack up.  But, if you look at it as a new "Wilco related" project then you stack it against the Autumn Defense, recent Golden Smog tracks featuring Tweedy, 7 Worlds Collide etc.  There are great odds and ends in that list, but as a listener I can be more forgiving, and just kind of see what curiosities await.

It's like you have your stack of inarguable CLASSICS by the Talking Heads.  Then, David Byrne does something new for a film, or collaborates with Eno, or St. Vincent and you say "Hmmm, I wonder what it will sound like."  You don't peel off the shrink wrap and try to put it on the top of your stack of 'Heads records.