During their trek through the Western plains and beyond, Lewis and Clark found buffalo to be delicious, especially the tongue and hump. Many times a buffalo was harvested and only the tongue and hump were consumed.

(I recalled this after seeing Poon's buffalo video. Thanks Poon!)

Fun Fact: jellyfish are not actually fish(spores?).

i think the correct term is jellies.

I could be wrong: Fun , yet possibly, and probably incorrect Fact!

Monarch caterpillars are hungry little buggers. They only eat milkweed leaves. Every evening I have to go drive over to the prairie for a few more leaves. Its apparent they are growing larger every day.

64% of all the world's statistics are made up right there on the spot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Buffalo are found in Africa

Really! That isn't an animal I think of when I think of Africa!

Edit: and now you've made me do a bit of research. They don't even really resemble bison, but I guess that was the closet comparison European settlers could make when bison were first encountered here. Or maybe the comparison was to Asian water buffalo, a bit closer to Europe?

I'm going to try to refer to the American critter as bison, but I think the term buffalo is here to stay, regardless of being incorrect. I'll bet you a bison nickle.

On Sunday night, around 9:10pm, I saw one whopper of a meteor. It slowly traveled across the entire sky, from West to East, was very bright orange and had a long orange tail. That sighting ranked right up there with the 98 Leonid meteor storm and when I saw that Russian satellite fall from space in the early 90s.