My little public health service announcement: get your flu vaccine

[no, i didn't post this in the wrong section. it is wilco related]

I was not at the last Wilco Residency…was it in 2007 when I had an infant or something like that? Anyway, I would recommend that you all get your flu vaccines now, because based on the After the Show threads from the first Wilco Residency, I am quite certain that there was a major influenza outbreak at the Riviera over the span of the 5 shows and the following week. It was a perfect epidemiologic outbreak situation: Piles of Wilco fans and friends in close contact for hours (waiting in line, inside the venue, etc etc) during the dead of Chicago winter.

SO Get your flu vaccines NOW!  :badger

This is what the flu outbreak reminded me of…the initial SARS outbreak which all started at Hotel M:

m212a1f1.gif

I will be closely monitoring the After the Show threads this December! I should write a scientific manuscript about using social media to detect influenza outbreaks.

Can flu be transmitted if someone sneeze on bananas? I will make Barry Manilow wear a precautionary face mask. Maybe Slipknot are best option as personal valet?

The Sandoz/Novartis comment is pretty funny.  But no, I have no industry conflicts of interest. I am just reminiscing about everyone getting sick at the last run of Wilco shows at The Riv!

PS. Virtual Reason yes healthy 27 year olds can get the nasal mist vaccine.  

PPS. Bleedorange vaccines do not cause autism, and they don't have mercury nor aluminum in them.