Wilco Historical Moments

Man it has been forever since I've been on here. Hello to everyone I used to know if you're still here.

I'm working on a project about the band and, while I know the main details I wanted to reach out to other fans to see what moments in time resonate the most with them.

So basically I'm chronicling their entire 20 year history in bullet points. Like the date that Uncle Tupelo ended and then the date that Wilco began. When albums began recording and when they ended (if anyone has specific dates or even months/years feel free to add them). I'm pretty sure I could eventually just give this list over to the admins to post (and seriously, if there's something like that already up, please direct me to it).

If there are significant, memorable concerts (from any part of the world), feel free to post here on them and what their dates were.

Like for me, I think the last Wilco show at Lounge Ax in January of 2000 was pretty significant. I remember distinctly waiting in line for what seemed like forever in the freezing cold to see this show.

I'll be including band members' comings and goings and obviously Jay Bennett's passing is part of it.

So let me know what you think and if you have any questions feel free to email me at bhickman1511@gmail.com

Thank you for taking the time to read this folks. Greatly appreciated.

- Brett

jay bennet's last show on 4th july 2001 in grant park, chicago

first show with the current line-up, was on 4th june 2004 in pittsburgh

jeff through the punch in springfield, 16th Oct 2006 during airline to heaven when a doofus jumped up on stage and hugged him

jay bennet's last show on 4th july 2001 in grant park, chicago

first show with the current line-up, was on 4th june 2004 in pittsburgh

jeff through the punch in springfield, 16th Oct 2006 during airline to heaven when a doofus jumped up on stage and hugged him

Right on #1 

I remember seeing Nels & Pat in the band in Dekalb some time in May of 2004.

Never heard that 3rd one before - haha...

Keep 'em coming!

Mr Bhick, top three would be like following I present. Although research has brought many points above the earth this is top obvious sample for your beginning to give you a small inkle. Make PM if you have interest in more research detail (and for pics please confirm you are adult).

Top number 'A': 12 of the November 1976 Mr Jeff Tweedy have initial hear of Dancing Queen when it has fierce pop storm success of first time in USA. Why all your people are so long backward in this respect remain deep misery. He has an ear glued to radio this day for sure! Maybe he invent the American style of booming box from this addiction. This is sudden idea of the momentary lightbulb that need more researchings.

Top number 'B': 21 of the June 2013 Mr Jeff Tweedy and Wilco make a cover of Waterloo from the ABBA (to give an obvious name! Ha ha!) in public for first time. (PM for full list of prevoius soundcheck practise version through many years before Mr Jeff Tweedy is happy he can make a held candle to original version). In only blot on copied book they have need of an assist for the glitter from Luscious girls.

Top number 'C': 23 of the September 2014 Mr Jeff Tweedy take full advantage of the female double throat of Luscious girls in style of the ABBA in new release. This is an obvious one for all and set pattern for splendid future for sure!

Welfare!

P.S. Professor from Stockholm tell me to write for top number 'D' to sqeeze in: 31 of the October 1985 Mr Jeff Tweedy wear dress for first time. From personal view I am not so sure this has significance as dress was not so slinky style of the ABBA, but Professor from Stockholm make an insist it is day of special outcome. In latest vid promo Mr Jeff Tweedy make progress with use of blonde wigpiece in short and curlies eighty style of the Lady Agnetha, but dress still has no slink!

2nd night of the first Chicago residency.  The impromptu encore after the song "Peaches" was played as exit music over the PA. The crew started breaking down equipment.  The crowd (spurred on by SMRT) was not leaving. We sang and clapped along to that song.  Put that shit back together!   

2nd night of the first Chicago residency. The impromptu encore after the song "Peaches" was played as exit music over the PA. The crew started breaking down equipment. The crowd (spurred on by SMRT) was not leaving. We sang and clapped along to that song. Put that shit back together!

That's very cool. I love it when the crowd comes together like that. Did it work?

That was a great night. I've heard differing versions on how impromptu the 2nd encore was. I was thinking of that moment Saturday night when Ryan Adams didn't play an encore. Quite a large contingency continued to yell and clap as the crew was breaking things down. Turns out it was past curfew, at least according to Adams on Twitter.