• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't own any solo Brian Eno.  I've got Another Green World and Here Come the Warm Jets on my "buy list."  Does that sound right?

^^^ I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't own any solo Brian Eno.  I've got Another Green World and Here Come the Warm Jets on my "buy list."  Does that sound right?

Those would be my first choices.

However, Before and After Science and Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy) should also be on that list; they are equally essential.

I am not big into the whole ambient music thing, but I'm sure that, if you have any interest, there are several people on here who can point you in the right direction when it comes to that part of his oeuvre.

yes, those two are awesome.

i really like the record he did w/ Harold Budd too (_The Pearl_), but it's very ambient.

_Taking Tiger Mountain_ and _Before and After Science_ are also worth getting.

a1169827910_2.jpg

homepage_large.bdbc19b3.jpg

:lol

what is this?

He's a local musician who has been putting out albums for years. His songs often cover the small, day-to-day things in life that most songwriters wouldn’t think worth immortalizing in song. And probably not all that surprising considering his album covers, his music is infused with a big dose of humor, satire and a touch of self-deprecation.

RIYL: Mac DeMarco, Daniel Johnston, Half Japanese, The Frogs…

http://exclaim.ca/Music/article/b_johnston-shit_sucks_album_stream

Haruomi_Hosono_and_The_Yellow_Magic_Band