• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a local musician who has been putting out albums for years. His songs often cover the small, day-to-day things in life that most songwriters wouldn’t think worth immortalizing in song. And probably not all that surprising considering his album covers, his music is infused with a big dose of humor, satire and a touch of self-deprecation.

RIYL: Mac DeMarco, Daniel Johnston, Half Japanese, The Frogs…

http://exclaim.ca/Music/article/b_johnston-shit_sucks_album_stream

thanks, will check it out. i am a big Frogs fan.

juana200003.jpg

juana200003.jpg

The same guy who wrote/sang "I've Been Lonely For So Long"?

When is this from? How is it?

Tell me more!

The same guy who wrote/sang "I've Been Lonely For So Long"?

When is this from? How is it?

Tell me more!

Yeah, same guy. This album isn't as good as his first one, but it's a decent late 70s soul/funk release, with a handful of solid songs. It's definitely a product of its time though, veering into disco-ish grooves on a couple of tunes. Nonetheless, a good purchase for $2. I couldn't resist buying it, as I've never seen another record from him other than "I've Been Lonely for So Long."

Yeah, same guy. This album isn't as good as his first one, but it's a decent late 70s soul/funk release, with a handful of solid songs. It's definitely a product of its time though, veering into disco-ish grooves on a couple of tunes. Nonetheless, a good purchase for $2. I couldn't resist buying it, as I've never seen another record from him other than "I've Been Lonely for So Long."

Looks like it never got a CD release. I'm gonna have to look for some sort of download somewhere.