What Live Wilco are you listening to now?

I know I'm not the only one who likes to indulge in some live Wilco recordings. Love playing them while I'm doing computer work, as well, or just hanging around.

Anyway, what's set or era of live Wilco are you currently "spinning"?

I'm listening to 4/23/99 show from the Avalon Theatre in Boston, interesting contrast from the current set up what with the influence of Jay Bennett and his piano (though he is sometimes hitting the guitar as well)

I usually like shows in which they tried out different versions or songs they had not released yet.

The post-Jay, pre-Nels era was good as Jeff had to rely more on himself for the guitar parts and did a great job.

Around this time you'll hear alternate versions of Muzzle of Bees, Spiders and Less Than You Think.

A lot of the Jay era is good as well.

I have been mixing in songs from a concert on 08/12/00 in which they did a two guitar version of I'm always in Love.

It sounds like they just used a piano and Jeff whistled the organ/electronic keyboard bridge in the song.

I also liked when they did a full band version of Gun and Jay jumped over to the piano for the softer part of the song.

But I also love the covers concert from the last Solid Sound.

It was great to hear Nels, Pat & Jeff all playing on Marquee Moon, And Your Bird Can Sing and The Boys Are Back in Town.

I'm listening to 4/23/99 show from the Avalon Theatre in Boston, interesting contrast from the current set up what with the influence of Jay Bennett and his piano (though he is sometimes hitting the guitar as well)

I listened to that recently, I was in the house for that show.

Currently in the midst of Winterlude night 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Funny--I'm driving back (well, stopped for a break) from Richmond to Norfolk after St. Vincent and am listening to night 6. :-)

Love St. Vincent!!! I've seen her a number of times myself...

And... recently still listening to the 20th anniversary shows... various Port Chester & Winterlude shows...and my own custom virtual Wilco unplugged double CD mix, culled from the acoustic performances at those shows... Check the link below for the how to, to easily make your own...

http://viachicago.org/topic/50568-20th-anniversary-roadcase-shows-virtual-wilco-unplugged-album/

Dutchess Stadium, 7/18/09

A friend and I flooded the ballot box for "Theologians" and it's always funny to hear Jeff say "this song got a lot of requests this time, a suspicious amount of requests".

Dutchess Stadium, 7/18/09

A friend and I flooded the ballot box for "Theologians" and it's always funny to hear Jeff say "this song got a lot of requests this time, a suspicious amount of requests".

That happened twice recently. He said it at the Tallahassee show (at which point I got super excited as I had flooded the box for "Magazine Called Sunset" - then he played...I think I'm Always in Love? Either way, not the song I requested, though they did play that later.

Then it happened again in St. Augustine, but I again forget which song he was referring to. Heavy Metal Drummer, maybe? But they always play that.