I've been pretty good. Had to drop my shrink recently and in the hunt for a new one! It was a bit awkward doing it via e-mail. Not as awkward as my first visit with him, but still.

I've also started wearing my bi-focals more regularly because it improves my vision, apparently.

My ribs have healed from a few tumbles down two different sets of stairs a month or so ago, so that's been bun being able to move and breathe and sneeze and cough without the pain.

How have you been?

good luck on the shrink hunt. 

I had a rib injury in December of 2008 which landed me in the hospital (it was slightly exacerbated by my having a .38 blood alcohol level upon arrival).  No fun. Be careful with those stairs, dude/bro.  

I have been mostly working on compartmentalizing my god-forsaken job so that I can maximize the brilliance of every available second with my baby girl.  I've learned that everyone seems to have an opinion about parenting and that I am free to ignore them instead of reacting to them, so that's an improvement.  Gram continues to wow and entertain me on a consistent basis, which is fantastic.  Other than that I just try to steal some guitar time when it's available (typically when Ellie is asleep or actively playing with another devotee in the house).  

You going to see this new Star Wars thing?

I've also started wearing my bi-focals more regularly because it improves my vision, apparently.

I totally forgot to response to this part of your post, my apologies.  I started wearing glasses sometime earlier this year while at work and it really seems to help, what with all the time reading docs and looking at screens and doing lawyer things.  I guess we're getting older.  

good luck on the shrink hunt. 

I had a rib injury in December of 2008 which landed me in the hospital (it was slightly exacerbated by my having a .38 blood alcohol level upon arrival).  No fun. Be careful with those stairs, dude/bro.  

I have been mostly working on compartmentalizing my god-forsaken job so that I can maximize the brilliance of every available second with my baby girl.  I've learned that everyone seems to have an opinion about parenting and that I am free to ignore them instead of reacting to them, so that's an improvement.  Gram continues to wow and entertain me on a consistent basis, which is fantastic.  Other than that I just try to steal some guitar time when it's available (typically when Ellie is asleep or actively playing with another devotee in the house).  

You going to see this new Star Wars thing?

All good stuff. My only advice on parenting a baby, take it or leave it, is don't be afraid to spank her. You need to show who's in charge right out of the gate. Especially those first few months. Crucial. 

I'll likely take the kids to see Star Wars in the spring or summer when tickets become available.

All good stuff. My only advice on parenting a baby, take it or leave it, is don't be afraid to spank her. You need to show who's in charge right out of the gate. Especially those first few months. Crucial.

"The gate"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We're going to get to pre-board an airplane tomorrow, Lammy.  I'm pretty excited.  First time for me.

That's cool. I honestly never understood the desire to pre-board, though. That's just more time sitting in cramped seats without access to cool air. If they really wanna honor people with special needs/babies/etc., they'd allow you to post-board.

But you appear to be more important than others. It's a Kardashian feeling.

Me and my ex and one of the kids got bumped to first-class on a flight once (never hurts to ask when you're at that last check-in booth) and I was ordering the fuck out of free drinks and stuff and even sent one back to a guy I used to know who's a lawyer in CO now and I have to say, it really did make me feel more important than the commoners in econo class for that day....