Star Wars Thread Brimming With Spoilers

I watched Jurassic World last night and good gravy, if that's why they hired Tom Tomorrow or whatever his name is to direct, then Episode IX is going to be the ultimate SW fan fiction orgasm to end the trilogy. Which makes sense, because that means VIII, with the edgy choice of Rian Johnson at the helm, will mirror/ape Episode V.

Rian Johnson is writing Episode IX too. Or at least the story.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Jurassic World last night and good gravy, if that's why they hired Tom Tomorrow or whatever his name is to direct, then Episode IX is going to be the ultimate SW fan fiction orgasm to end the trilogy. Which makes sense, because that means VIII, with the edgy choice of Rian Johnson at the helm, will mirror/ape Episode V.

So, Jurassic World was good? It never piqued my interest.

I enjoyed Looper, which, other than the Breaking Bad episodes he directed, is the only thing of Johnson's that I've seen.

I haven't seen any of Trevorrow's work, but I'm intrigued by Safety Not Guaranteed.

Anyone remember when Star Wars (1977) premiered on network TV and they showed celebrities at the commercial breaks talking about the first time they saw it? Eddie Van Halen and Valerie Bertinelli were on their couch being interviewed. Cannot find any trace of this online.

I remember seeing Star Wars in the local theater in '77

I remember it being a competition among my friends as to who was going to see it the most times in the theater.  I think I saw it like 317 times, but I could be exaggerating or misremembering, as a lot has happened since then.   If you know what I mean.

I never understood why the storm troopers didn't just walk down that hallway, peer into the hole through which our beloved characters jumped to get INTO the trash compactor and pick them off like proverbial fish in a barrel.

Sir Stewart has a theory on this.

The chute wasn't a straight drop into the compacter; our heroes were taken on a circuitous ride to end up dumped there. Shots fired into the getaway vent wouldn't successfully reach them.

And I only wrote 1977 because it seemed easier than writing A New Hope or whatever. Yes I am talking about the link Winston provided - it was a big deal when it premiered, and I distinctly recall the segments with celebrities waxing nostalgic within a frame of hyperspace stars.