Jeff Tweedy with Rosanne Cash — 2/20/16, New York, NY (Carnegie Hall)

I don't suppose anyone on here made it to this show last night, and can provide any more details?

A friend of mine snuck (and given how strict they usually are with camera phones and the like at Carnegie, snuck is the right word) a video of Jeff performing Dylan's Girl From The North Country with Ms. Cash and her band.

I don't know yet if they performed anything else together (or if Jeff did an opening set). From this advance news item, it sounds like the plan was for Jeff to join Rosanne and Co. "for the second half of the program," which was to feature songs from her 2009 record The List. Girl From The North Country was on that, as was a version of Long Black Veil that featured Jeff.

Replying to my own post with an update...

Not sure of the order, but according to some brief intel from my friend, Jeff did a solo acoustic Please Tell My Brother, then with Rosanne and her band: Seven Year Ache, Long Black Veil, Sea Of Heartbreak, California Stars and the aforementioned GFTNC. There may have been more, but that's what my friend remembered. :guitar

I was there - they also performed "Farewell, Angelina" with Rosanne and Jeff alternating verses. It was a terrific show all around.

After Seven Year Ache and Please Tell My Brother, Rosanne joked "we didn't plan to start off with a couple of 'wrist slashers'"

Lucky you! I'm sure that was a great show, and many thanks for the picture.

I see Jeff is still in love with that striped t-shirt. I don't think I've ever seen him wear the same shirt so faithfully. I think he wore it for every single show on this tour.

It was a phenomenal experience. One of the top musical experiences of my life, and I've had some...

Roseanne is a national treasure. An incredible performer and storyteller who brought the South alive in such a visceral way - evocative images displayed behind her, befitting each song from The River & The Thread. It was really moving. She brings her humanity to her craft and to the stage and it's a beautiful thing. I felt so lucky to be there and to experience that. Great band, great time. 

A couple things to add re: JT. I was shocked when she said they had only just met the night before. The tracks for Long Black Veil were done separately. She said she first heard about JT when Golden Smog covered Seven Year Ache. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCB2Pe_u6DE/?taken-by=boredbehindbarn

That's interesting. I thought Jeff was at the Golden Smog Idiots Delight session in 1996 when Roseanne sang Seven Year Ache with Gary Louris.

https://www.discogs.com/Golden-Smog-Until-You-Came-Along/release/2172856

A couple things to add re: JT. I was shocked when she said they had only just met the night before. The tracks for Long Black Veil were done separately. She said she first heard about JT when Golden Smog covered Seven Year Ache.