Wilco - 30 August 2016, Salt Lake City, UT (Red Butte Garden)

Great show to start the tour. It appears that they are going to ease themselves into this whole Schmilco setup that they talked about in COS.

Something to Lose got its live debut.

Glenn was still sporting the Stars Wars kick drum and EKG was the introduction music. A nice touch that Pure Imagination was played over the house PA after the lights went up.

More...
Random Name Generator
The Joke Explained
I'm Trying To Break Your Heart>
Art Of Almost
Pickled Ginger
Hummingbird
Cold Slope>
King Of You
Via Chicago>
Spiders (Kidsmoke) (electric arrangement)
If I Ever Was A Child
Jesus, etc.
Someone To Lose (Full Band Live Debut)
Locator
Box Full Of Letters
Heavy Metal Drummer>
I'm The Man Who Loves You
Impossible Germany
Late Greats

---------------------------------
Red-Eyed And Blue>
I Got You (At The End of the Century)>
Outtasite (Outta Mind)
---------------------------------
Misunderstood*
We've Been Had*
Passenger Side*
I'm Always In Love*
California Stars*
A Shot In The Arm*

* — performed hootenanny style with band on acoustic instruments 

Nice! Getting ready for Friday & Saturday. I really don't know how I pulled this off but I've got front row both shows. Taking my friend on Friday (she's excited) & going solo Saturday. I got the Friday show on the presale & went in a week later to see what was available for show 2. I put in for 1 ADA ticket & row A came up. Needless to say, I jumped on that! Woo hoo!

I had a hard time discerning any difference in the stage setup from the pics i saw on Twitter and Insta

Right. There was no change.

May be a moot point given the upcoming shift to indoor venues, but Jeff's cabinet blocks your view of Mikael if you stand on Pat's side and blocks your view of Glenn if you stand on Nels' side. Kinda annoying. I had the former experience in MN 11 days ago and the latter last night. I wonder if the band even realizes this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right. There was no change.

May be a moot point given the upcoming shift to indoor venues, but Jeff's cabinet blocks your view of Mikael if you stand on Pat's side and blocks your view of Glenn if you stand on Nels' side. Kinda annoying. I had the former experience in MN 11 days ago and the latter last night. I wonder if the band even realizes this.

Yeah, I was kinda secretly hoping for that big cabinet to go away because when you're on the John/Pat side, you can forget Mike is even up there! Thanks for the reporting. You always seem to make it to the Red Butte/SLC show...do you have family out there or anything? Just wondering.

Anyway, I won't be able to make it until SF on this run so it'll be interesting to see what happens the next couple of nights. I don't know the Boise venue, but if it's outside like Red Butte, I'm guessing a similar show to this one. Then Seattle and Portland, which are indoors, should be interesting...

Thanks for the reporting. You always seem to make it to the Red Butte/SLC show...do you have family out there or anything? Just wondering.

No problem on the reporting. I realized I needed to step it up since the birthday boy wasn't there. I live in Chicago. Slowly catching the band in all 50 states. I'm up to 31 with last night. First time catching them in UT. I did MT/ID last summer which you may be thinking of. That dreadful setup in Sandpoint, ID...