Winterlude Songs - Album summary

There may well be an error here, but this is how I calculated the final scores:

A total of 107 songs were played over the 4 nights of which 49 were unique.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot 10

Being There 8

A Ghost is Born 8

Schmilco 6

Star Wars 4

AM 3

Sky Blue Sky 3

Summerteeth 2

The Whole Love 2

Wilco (The Album) 1

Mermaid Avenue 1

More Like the Moon (EP) 1

If we compare that to the last Solid Sound, over 2 nights they played 56 songs of which either 55 or 56 were unique depending on your take on different versions of Camera/Kamera. No doubt someone else can compare with previous Winterludes.

So: emphasis on the 3 best Wilco albums, except Summerteeth, clearly not getting much love here. 2 songs? Damn. Via Chicago and Shot in the Arm, right?

Reading the other "After the Show" threads it sounds like the band was tight and played really well, just not as much setlist variety as some would have hoped. The 2014 Winterlude was awesome and would be perfect for those chasing setlist diversity. Six nights and an extremely wide range of tunes. If I'm listening to live Wilco, it's those shows.

Also noticed quite a few comments about Pat looking "off" during this residency, e.g., lower energy, no expressions, overall not the charismatic showman he can be. Perhaps he's been ill and was simply powering through? Hopefully everything is ok there.

I covered all five 2014 Winterlude shows for Glide Magazine. I break it all down in the article, which is linked below. They played 100 different songs over five nights.

2014 Incredibly Shrinking Tour Song Recap

Wow, that's very interesting. Quite a change, half as many unique songs.  Were those shows billed as being different from normal (like 2008)? For these recent shows I believe they just announced (initially) a 3 night run without any statements about what to expect.

I covered all five 2014 Winterlude shows for Glide Magazine. I break it all down in the article, which is linked below. They played 100 different songs over five nights.

2014 Incredibly Shrinking Tour Song Recap

2011 was the shrinking tour. 2014 had 6 shows and was the 20th anniversary with the alpha collection just coming out so they were doing some rarer songs off that as well. Over 100 songs were played over the course of the 2014 run so perhaps a smidge more than 2011, first one called Winterlude I believe.

Call me crazy I would have thought the Schmilco songs would have been more varied

I thought that too, but I think they've only played Common Sense and Just Say Goodbye in front of people once or twice. Quarters is also not in the rotation, so I guess some of these songs just aren't part of their regular repertoire (that took several tries to spell).

I thought that too, but I think they've only played Common Sense and Just Say Goodbye in front of people once or twice. Quarters is also not in the rotation, so I guess some of these songs just aren't part of their regular repertoire (that took several tries to spell).

Nope, Happiness & Shrug and Destroy were also played in San Fran

Nope, Happiness & Shrug and Destroy were also played in San Fran

Oh yeah, so there's 6 out of 12 they seldom play. Maybe they do Nope a little more. But I suppose in a packed setlist the ones they do live are bigger crowd pleasers. I'd love to see them do Just Say Goodbye though, that one gets me.