Neil Finn - Out Of Silence Sept. 1st

https://i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/95306856/neil-finn-releasing-the-actual-recording-of-new-solo-album-via-livestream

Well, it looks like Neil Finn is broadcasting 3 rehearsals for the upcoming live stream of the recording of his new solo album. The 3 rehearsals are taking place 7pm New Zealand time on the first 3 Friday's of August (4th, 11th & 18th) and are being posted to his YouTube page shortly thereafter. The final session on Friday August 25th will be the actual recording of his album which will be available the following Friday on September 1st.

I posted the link below and I was blown away by this rehearsal. He took several questions over Skype to make it an interactive experience. I won't list all of the guest musicians, but they all added something special. And surprisingly the cinematography is beautiful. I think the YouTube video might be pulled after the weekend.

I'm sure that someone else out there in the music industry has done something similar by live streaming rehearsals and recording an album for a live audience over the web?

• 4 weeks later...

I think Chameleon Days is among the best things he's ever done. I had it playing in my car this morning and it about blew my head off. The piano hook, his voice, the imagery at the end about the sky and the water. Breathtakingly beautiful.

• 7 months later...

So.....Neil Finn is replacing Lindsey Buckingham in Fleetwood Mac?! I don't think anyone saw this one coming. I was looking forward to some possible Neil Finn shows later this year. I'm curious to see how this plays out on their upcoming tour.

So.....Neil Finn is replacing Lindsey Buckingham in Fleetwood Mac?! I don't think anyone saw this one coming. I was looking forward to some possible Neil Finn shows later this year. I'm curious to see how this plays out on their upcoming tour.

with Mike Campbell too! i don't think this will be a train wreck.

“Not a train wreck” doesn’t make it a good idea. I love Neil and I love Lindsey, but would greatly prefer to see Neil playing and singing his own songs!

I find it difficult to imagine Neil Finn and Stevie Nicks getting along.

“Not a train wreck” doesn’t make it a good idea. I love Neil and I love Lindsey, but would greatly prefer to see Neil playing and singing his own songs!

I find it difficult to imagine Neil Finn and Stevie Nicks getting along.

i've met Neil a few times over the years. he's an extremely nice guy. great sense of humour. think he could get along with anyone.

“Not a train wreck” doesn’t make it a good idea.

A good idea would be Stevie NIcks leaving FM for a while and doing her own tour with the Heartbreakers as her band.

It should be interesting to hear Neil Finn singing Lindsey Buckingham songs. Or pre-Buckingham FM songs.  And maybe they'll back him up on some of his own songs. That might be kind of neat.  I wouldn't pay to see any of that, but I'll definitely check it out on youtube.

• 2 years later...

Nice! Always good to hear new music from Neil. 1 of my all time faves. I go back to Split Enz "True Colours" with him. I don't think he's ever put out a bad record, at least as far as I can remember. I saw him with Fleetwood Mac & he was great with them, as was Mike Campbell. Maybe we'll get some more from that line-up.

Lyric obviously directed at a certain leader and his enablers.

"As crazy as a king, as bent as a snake

There are some things they will never ever say

And people will tell you whatever you want

Whatever you want to keep you in your place

Hear the lying every day, I see the same expressions on them

How they long to speak their mind

But something always stops them dead

Should be shouting from the mountain

At their top of their voice “this is not right, this man is a fake”

But they will follow him down to the edge of the cliff

And if he tells them to jump, they will jump right in

Some people will tell you

Whatever you want, whatever you want

You got ‘em well trained now, whatever you want"

• 6 months later...

Crowded House will be doing a livestream on Saturday June 12th from concert footage that was filmed during their tour of New Zealand in March. It will be available on demand through Sunday June 20th. There are several ticket packages (t-shirt/poster/vinyl/7 inch), but purchasing just the ticket is only $14.99 plus an unfortunate service fee. I’m enjoying these livestreams and hope that they don’t disappear once things return to normal. 

https://crowdedhousestream.com

I’m still looking forward to a new album in a couple of weeks. The second & third single were terrific, especially Playing With Fire. 

To The Island

Playing With Fire